Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Sign in to follow this  
Totoosart

Why questions:

Greetings all,

i've been reading the good book as carefully as my humble mind can take and that with trust in the Lord.

However, i cannot stop thinking about many things that come up and strike me as strange, maybe i have a misconception about many things, but better ask than go nuts.

Some of the questions that has occurred to me is as follows:

Why does God repent creating mankind? Isn't this against the thought that God is perfect?

Why does God get angry? Isn't this also against the perfectness of the Lord?

Why does God forget and has to do something, for example create a bow in the clouds, to remind him of something, namely his covenant with mankind, another example seems to me is when Noah is in the arc and God recalls that He needs to stop flooding the world.

i do apologise if my questions are stupid, but be patient with me and help me out, please.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

1) Repentance speaks of a change of mind. It isn't that God changed His mind as though He had made a mistake, but that man's actions caused Him to change His plan for man--which was to be good and blessing to a curse because they rejected Him. The same can be said toward you and I who are 'condemned already' according to John 3:18, but when we receive Christ His plan changes from eternal separation from Him to eternal salvation through His Son.

2) It would help if you give the address of your concern, but the one I am thinking of was when God told Moses He was going to destroy the stiff-necked children of Israel after they built their golden calf. In actuality, God knew how that would turn out as Moses interceded for the people and won their reprieve. It was more designed to strengthen Moses' faith--as the result shows..

3) The bow in the sky was a reminder to us of God's promise to never destroy the world in the same way again. God remembers not in the sense that He forgets, but that it ever speaks of the covenant between Him and Noah. As for my part, I am glad that He remembers the Blood that His Son shed for me.

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth" (Genesis 9:13-17 KJV).