• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Be Continually Being Filled

• Members

This is something a believer can ask for as often as he feels the need. It is a wonderful blessing to know God answers and I am not fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. I view calling on the Holy Spirit for His help during the day is about as close to walking in the Spirit I'll ever know. When my wife died, the only thing I could do was just cry "Jesus!" over and over again, as the grief was palpable. In times like that one truly understands verses like this . . .

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27 KJV).

18 months later the grieving is not as profound as it was, but memories often reveal themselves, and on come the waterworks again. The Lord knows I am looking forward to the trip where she and my Saviour are waiting for me.