• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Belated "hello".

• Members

Okay, so I'm seeing that new members are to introduce themselves. I apologize for being tardy in this respect; I wasn't sure where and how to do this.

Hello, everyone! I'm obviously new here and its nice to meet all of you. I'm a concerned loved one and while searching for answers on possible new safety protocols being put into place in IFB churches, I stumbled across this forum. I was saved in an Independent Fundamental Baptist church when I was seven. My parents, good people, served years as deacon and Sunday School teachers. I'm from a small, rural town church in the Southeast part of the US.(Is it required I give my state here? I will if need be, but don't necessarily feel comfortable doing so.) My life has been all about the church and serving in some way or fashion there, something that I'm thankful for. 

I found this forum and thought it could maybe be a helpful place to ask a couple safety questions I had about my family since asking their church has gotten us nowhere. 

If this is not the place for that sort of discussion, then please, by all means, let me know. Any pointers on any particular direction I should go are greatly welcomed. 

Again, my apologies for a late intro. I appreciate all the helpful feedback I did receive. Blessings to each and everyone here. 

• Members

I find this to be a place of fellowship for like-minded believers. Often in church, there isn't that much time for yapping. It is also a place where we can post our personal Bible studies and devotions, and get the opportunity to witness of online searchers for truth. I do view the internet as somewhat of a final mission field. Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of this is that our words can reach into countries where the Gospel has been banned. I honestly don't know if we have readers in North Korea or in Afghanistan, but what a thrill to think that someone might one day be in heaven because of something my fingers might have said.

But! And this is important. This website can not replace the position of your pastor. Other Christians may be able to answer questions in a general way, but when it comes to the specifics of a particular church, only the pastor can answer. He is God's undershepherd and the spiritual lives of the members of his church are his very special responsibility. Not a one of us would willingly or knowingly usurp his role in someone's life. If he cannot answer a question for a member then that member must choose on the merits of the issue whether he/she is satisfied in that church, and may need to seek out another. This decision should be considered most soberly, because it would be terrible to leave the place where God wants you to be based on some misunderstanding.

I do hope that you will enjoy your time here at OnlineBaptist. I also have only been a member for a very short time, but I've been blessed. I know that you also will be blessed as you continue to seek God's will for your life.

• Members
2 hours ago, Baptist_Bible_Believer said:

I find this to be a place of fellowship for like-minded believers. Often in church, there isn't that much time for yapping. It is also a place where we can post our personal Bible studies and devotions, and get the opportunity to witness of online searchers for truth. I do view the internet as somewhat of a final mission field. Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of this is that our words can reach into countries where the Gospel has been banned. I honestly don't know if we have readers in North Korea or in Afghanistan, but what a thrill to think that someone might one day be in heaven because of something my fingers might have said.

But! And this is important. This website can not replace the position of your pastor. Other Christians may be able to answer questions in a general way, but when it comes to the specifics of a particular church, only the pastor can answer. He is God's undershepherd and the spiritual lives of the members of his church are his very special responsibility. Not a one of us would willingly or knowingly usurp his role in someone's life. If he cannot answer a question for a member then that member must choose on the merits of the issue whether he/she is satisfied in that church, and may need to seek out another. This decision should be considered most soberly, because it would be terrible to leave the place where God wants you to be based on some misunderstanding.

I do hope that you will enjoy your time here at OnlineBaptist. I also have only been a member for a very short time, but I've been blessed. I know that you also will be blessed as you continue to seek God's will for your life.

Thank you for not only the warm welcome, but the advice! I will try to keep that in mind. I may revisit the topic of how to speak and share things with my pastor later on. It is something that is very important to me and I want to make decisions on real issues, not misunderstandings. I appreciate that reminder. :)