• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Introduction

• Members

Hi! As people are requiring an introduction post here it is. 

New to the IFB (that’s why I’m here, to learn more).

Married, no children, love dogs. From the southern part of the US. 

That’s all I’m going to share online. It’s not safe to give out personal info. Telling someone what church I attend narrows it down to what, 100 members to look though? Telling you my “associates” is as simple as a google search to find them.  If someone on here has bad intentions, I do not want to be the one who gets hurt. Sorry, but my safety is my priority. I assume you all understand. We do not live in a safe world. 

I would like to say though, I am mildly concerned as to why it’s so important that we give you our information. We don’t know you, just like you don’t know us. Using the internet means being cautious and not expecting anyone to potentially endanger themselves. And I’m sure you’re all wonderful people, but nobody can guarantee anyone’s safety online. 

If it’s that much of an issue, I will leave. I do not want to, I’m very interested in hearing what people have to say, but not at that cost. 

Thanks. 

• Members

Welcome - and that is fine - we have found over time that people who refuse to introduce themselves tend to have ulterior motives for being here - and that comes out after a while.

I have been here for years and most people wouldn't know what actual church I attend.

It is smart to be careful, but it shows a bit of openness and good nature to introduce yourself.

I think everyone is happy enough for you to leave it at "southern US and IFB".

Unfortunately we get some people who come on here just to attack or to try to teach false doctrines, and they are usually reticent to share anything that might allow people to check on them on line - we had one guy who has a whole website full of false teaching, but he wouldn't tell us anything so that we could find out what his agenda was. One of the members here did some investigative work and found him and it turns out that his whole point was to try to lead people away from IFB churches.

Your intro and your willingness indicate that you are here for genuine reasons, which is what we always hope, but sometimes we get burned.

By the way, I am nothing official on this site - I am just another member who happens to be on at this time. ?

• Administrators

I is important to us because we have had numerous people come to this board with nefarious intentions. Many are people that come here with the express intentions of causing trouble or trying to subvert others to their agenda.

If you tell us a bit about yourself, like perhaps your salvation testimony and/or the church you are a member of, we may be able to determine if you are who and what you say you are. 

It is not necessary to give out personal information that may be used to compromise your safety, most everyone online understands this concept. Scripture allows us a certain degree of assurance in matters of accepting people in positions of trust.

1Jo 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 

Thank you for understanding and Welcome to the Online Baptist Forums. We look forward to your participation in our discussions.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I is important to us because we have had numerous people come to this board with nefarious intentions. Many are people that come here with the express intentions of causing trouble or trying to subvert others to their agenda.

If you tell us a bit about yourself, like perhaps your salvation testimony and/or the church you are a member of, we may be able to determine if you are who and what you say you are. 

It is not necessary to give out personal information that may be used to compromise your safety, most everyone online understands this concept. Scripture allows us a certain degree of assurance in matters of accepting people in positions of trust.

1Jo 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 

Thank you for understanding and Welcome to the Online Baptist Forums. We look forward to your participation in our discussions.

I mean my salvation is pretty straightforward. Friend invited me to a revival meeting, I got saved. October 2, to be specific. At the same time though, literally anyone could make that up. Even if I went into the full details about salvation (which I’m sure you all know), that’s still something a google search can pull up. 

Also, do you use the Bible as your reference for everything? Even how you manage an online forum? 

• Administrators

Yes, anyone can make up a story. But, as usual if someone is lying it will come out eventually.

You asked: "Also, do you use the Bible as your reference for everything? Even how you manage an online forum? "

The answer is that yes, we try. It would be quite hypocritical to run a good religious message board in any other manner.

In personal life this is what is expected of a true Christian by our Lord.

• Members
7 hours ago, deborahofthebible said:

Hi! As people are requiring an introduction post here it is. 

New to the IFB (that’s why I’m here, to learn more).

Married, no children, love dogs. From the southern part of the US. 

That’s all I’m going to share online. It’s not safe to give out personal info. Telling someone what church I attend narrows it down to what, 100 members to look though? Telling you my “associates” is as simple as a google search to find them.  If someone on here has bad intentions, I do not want to be the one who gets hurt. Sorry, but my safety is my priority. I assume you all understand. We do not live in a safe world. 

I would like to say though, I am mildly concerned as to why it’s so important that we give you our information. We don’t know you, just like you don’t know us. Using the internet means being cautious and not expecting anyone to potentially endanger themselves. And I’m sure you’re all wonderful people, but nobody can guarantee anyone’s safety online. 

If it’s that much of an issue, I will leave. I do not want to, I’m very interested in hearing what people have to say, but not at that cost. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for posting your introduction! I wasn't sure how and where to do the same for myself. :)