• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Study the Bible Dispensationally

• Members
One of the things that I am most thankful for in my Bible education is having been taught the importance of a normal-literal method of interpretation. I still fondly recall how that this opened up the Scriptures to me in a wonderful way when I was a young Christian. I didn’t accept it blindly. I had filled my mind and heart with Scripture before I went to Bible School, and I had learned to test all things by it. I was trusting in promises such as John 7:17 and 8:31-32, and the normal-literal method of interpretation rang true to me as soon as I heard it. I knew that it was the truth, and I sensed that it was a very important truth.
I believe that a consistent application of the literal method of interpretation will result in a dispensational theology. We agree with the following statement by Charles Ryrie: “If plain or normal interpretation is the only valid hermeneutical principle and if it is consistently applied, it will cause one to be a dispensationalist. As basic as one believes normal... Read More

View the full article