• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biblical Way to Get Out of Jury Duty

• Members

Nothing like quoting bible principle and immediately being excused from Jury Duty.  I simply told them that according to scriptures I can not and will not condemn anyone except by the testimony of two or more direct witnesses regardless of any circumstantial evidence.  They asked me to leave so fast it made my head spin.

• Members

This raises a series of questions for me:

1.  In this world, what group of people possess the greatest standard of righteousness for true justice?  Answer - The faithful servants of the Lord.

2.  In this world, what group of people possess the greatest wisdom concerning righteousness and justice?  Answer - The faithful servants of the Lord.

3.  In this world, what group of people serve as spiritual salt to combat the moral corruption of this world?  Answer - The faithful servants of the Lord.

4.  In this world, what group of people serve as spiritual light to combat the moral darkness of this world? Answer - The faithful servants of the Lord.

If this is all true, why do faithful servants of the Lord work so hard to get out of jury duty (a duty and privilege of citizenship in this country that is not found in most other systems of government)?  Do we really want the lost, immoral, unrighteous, foolish individuals of this world being the greatest influence upon our system of justice?