• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers for another Bible believing Pastor to teach

• Members

Hi all,

i'm seeking prayer for my Pastor to have another Pastor who can preach God's word on Sunday evening. We have a guest speaker who is not using the Bible but relying on his notes from another source. 

We feel that we have to a biblical sound teacher to preach Sunday night from the Bible. 

Thank you for prayer

God bless you.

• Members

Hi Jim_Alaska 

currently my Pastor is not in good health memory issues. My Pastor loves the word but the guy speaking Sunday night has  university education and his delivery is very boring this guy on Sunday night uses notes not his Bible. He accepts any translation but I stick the authorized translation. I simply don't understand why my Pastor let this individual go up to the pulpit. It's tough to sit and listen to this guy use hi ploi language it's pretty bad imo.

Thank you Jim_ Alaska

p.s. Pastor is 80 years old been preaching about 50 years

• Administrators

Sorry to be so late replying, but I have been on the road travelling.

Perhaps because of your pastor's age his judgement has been clouded  and he is not capable of making good decisions.

It may be time for the church to think about calling a new pastor. These things are always difficult, but perhaps some of the more spiritual members should talk to your Pastor about this situation.

Memory problems do not always preclude a person from understanding a reasoning clearly.