Jump to content
  • Welcome to Online Baptist

    Free to join.

Jordan Kurecki

Steven Anderson

Recommended Posts

Steven Anderson and the New IFB movement is, at the very least, a group of false teachers, and at worst a cult. If you would like to learn more about their false teachings and even possible criminal activity, here is a good article series on them

 

Part 1a: An Introduction to the New IFB

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-1a

 

Part 1b: The Expansion of the New IFB

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-1b

 

Part 1c: Dishonesty, Deceit, and Dissimulation in the New IFB

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-1c

 

Part 2a: Examining New IFB Doctrine of God

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-2a

 

Part 2b: Examining New IFB Doctrine of Jesus

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-2b

 

Part 2c: Examining New IFB Gospel

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-2c

 

Ben the Baptist Responds!

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-update-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pastor Matt, you're welcome. I hope they are helpful.
I think we have to be careful of the type of exposure we give him. And, as I point out in my articles, it isn't just Steven Anderson. There is a growing number of churches becoming affiliated with him and his movement, thus growing and spreading his false doctrine. I think it is important to not simply tell the Body that he and they are wrong, but why they are wrong. To "contend for the faith" as we are told in Jude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have several men in our church who got saved/looked for a KJV church because of Steven Anderson. We have had quite a few more visit the church, looking for a KJV church, because of Steven Anderson. Most don’t stay, as if they ever talk to the pastor about Stephen Anderson, they would not like what they hear! Also, of course, a lot of our doctrines don’t line up with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Salyan said:

We have several men in our church who got saved/looked for a KJV church because of Steven Anderson. We have had quite a few more visit the church, looking for a KJV church, because of Steven Anderson. Most don’t stay, as if they ever talk to the pastor about Stephen Anderson, they would not like what they hear! Also, of course, a lot of our doctrines don’t line up with him. 

We have had 2 visit our Church because or Anderson, they both left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  We have one who moved here from Texas & had left IFB & KJVO because of Anderson. He & his family were glad to find an IFB congregation that didn't subscribe to Anderson's horse feathers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 3:02 AM, John Young said:

 

Ok....I didn't make it 3 minutes in before Steven Anderson brought out a straw man. That man is not saying that because the Jews are God's chosen people that they are "ok". Who is saying the Jews are "ok" and don't need Christ just because they are Jews? Read Ezekiel 36... God has a plan for the Jews to repent and receive Christ, and God is going to give them a new heart to obey him and bring them back into the land.

There are actually a few things I do agree with Steven Anderson. But he does have a lot of false teaching. His Covenant Theology is in error and is refuted by a simple reading of Romans 9-11... 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Steven Anderson brought out a straw man....he does have a lot of false teaching. His Covenant Theology is in error

In my opinion both men are and most "Evil Anderson" videos play too much with straw men and most are made by men who hold to worse errors than he. That's why he is able to correct them so easily. However, as you pointed out, most of his errors stem form his Covenant Theology, which the majority of these hit videos don't address very well, so he doesn't have to actually defined, or correct his core doctrines that caused him to error in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why even bother?

This guy is clearly a false teacher, and no Bible lover should have anything to do with him.

I don't know why you insist on defending a man who is so clearly a bad testimony for the Lord, and who is so clearly a false teacher, and so clearly a hateful man.

Anything that he gets right you can find with teachers who don't have his false teaching.

In my opinion, anyone who is so prominent as a teacher online and promotes themselves as such is unbiblical - IF he is a pastor (regardless of what he calls himself), he should concern himself with the flock to which the Lord has given him.

NO MAN is Pastor to the world. God gives pastors to individual churches, not to the "whole world".......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem isn't so much with wanting to defend Brother Anderson and his errant doctrine so much as it is with, supposed Good people trying to discredit him with equally false lies and misrepresentation. If people must spend their time speaking out against him beyond the basic warning, they should at least try to do do it with with verifiable and factual information and address his errant covenant theology rather than, Straw men menial arguments, assumptions about his motives and character and the promotion of equally bad teachers (from their pulpit), simply because those people they speak against him, etc.

Edited by John Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you don't do that - you defend the man.

You like the guy..... 

You like at least some of his teaching....

You defend the man......

On any level the guy is clearly not qualified to be a pastor, clearly teaches false doctrine, clearly is a bad testimony for the Lord, clearly goes beyond Scripture, clearly does not follow the duties of a Pastor...... etc.

You need to stop defending a man who is clearly a heretic.

But you can't help yourself - you are a fan..... and no matter how much you deny it, your posts tell a different story.

Follow no man - follow only the Lord and His Word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is precisely because I follow Christ that that I'm speaking out against misrepresentation and false narratives regarding Anderson. If you see this as my defending him, then that is what you chose to see. But if you look closer, and consider what I have been saying all along, then you will see that I have been trying to defend my brothers from getting caught up in believing and sharing lies to "defeat" a errant/false teacher. We should not and cannot overcome lies with lies but rather only with truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John Young said:

It is precisely because I follow Christ that that I'm speaking out against misrepresentation and false narratives regarding Anderson. If you see this as my defending him, then that is what you chose to see. But if you look closer, and consider what I have been saying all along, then you will see that I have been trying to defend my brothers from getting caught up in believing and sharing lies to "defeat" a errant/false teacher. We should not and cannot overcome lies with lies but rather only with truth.

I understand your point and I agree with it. Some believers in IFB have a bad habit of beating down straw mans and not being honest and factual with their information.  However less discerning believers who might be reading this may be caused to stumble because they may view you as defending Steven Anderson. I mean you did post Steven Anderson's video defense of himself and offered no qualifying statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

However less discerning believers who might be reading this may be caused to stumble because they may view you as defending Steven Anderson. I mean you did post Steven Anderson's video defense of himself and offered no qualifying statements.

Mainly because both men's video's speak for themselves and the people who frequent "online baptist" are capable men who have already decided the matter for themselves one way or the other. Additionally I have made my feelings on the matter clear in previews post. So I don't feel the need to qualify my statements other than to say the accused has a right to be heard and give an account of himself. Whether people accept his defense or the accusations is up to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Young said:

Mainly because both men's video's speak for themselves and the people who frequent "online baptist" are capable men who have already decided the matter for themselves one way or the other. Additionally I have made my feelings on the matter clear in previews post. So I don't feel the need to qualify my statements other than to say the accused has a right to be heard and give an account of himself. Whether people accept his defense or the accusations is up to them.

John,

I've read your previous statements on this matter. From reading them, I can "somewhat, but very slightly" see what you are saying and what you're trying to convey (though it isn't really that clear). 

As you said...there are those who frequent Online Baptist. Unfortunately, they may (or may not) have read your other posts nor understood what you were trying to convey.

I have to admit...like DaveW...and despite somewhat understanding your position...my overall impression (from what you have posted) has been that you are a supporter of Anderson.

It would help if you would give a definitive answer as to whether you view him as someone that you would recommend to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

John,

I've read your previous statements on this matter. From reading them, I can "somewhat, but very slightly" see what you are saying and what you're trying to convey (though it isn't really that clear). 

As you said...there are those who frequent Online Baptist. Unfortunately, they may (or may not) have read your other posts nor understood what you were trying to convey.

I have to admit...like DaveW...and despite somewhat understanding your position...my overall impression (from what you have posted) has been that you are a supporter of Anderson.

It would help if you would give a definitive answer as to whether you view him as someone that you would recommend to others.

I second this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to Brother Anderson, I am neither a supporter or a detractor. I consider him a Christian Brother who holds to errant doctrine. I do not recommend him, his church, or his errant Covenant doctrines to anyone and I think he and his followers should be corrected when they try to promote those doctrines. (My attitude toward recommending him and his camp is the same that I have for Ruckmanites or contemporary Baptist groups). However, I also am not interested in promoting lies about him (or any fellow Christian) and these lies should also be confronted as well.

To be sure, many people on either side of this want me to go further than his doctrine and take a stronger stand on him as a person. They want me to either say he is an "unsaved false prophet" and partake in condemning him, beyond what I believe there is actual evidence for, so they can label me friend or foe as well but I'm not really interested in being an enemy to any Christian but instead to correct and help them and if I can, give them the benefit of the doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Young said:

In regards to Brother Anderson, I am neither a supporter or a detractor. I consider him a Christian Brother who holds to errant doctrine. I do not recommend him, his church, or his errant Covenant doctrines to anyone and I think he and his followers should be corrected when they try to promote those doctrines. (My attitude toward recommending him and his camp is the same that I have for Ruckmanites or contemporary Baptist groups). However, I also am not interested in promoting lies about him (or any fellow Christian) and these lies should also be confronted as well.

To be sure, many people on either side of this want me to go further than his doctrine and take a stronger stand on him as a person. They want me to either say he is an "unsaved false prophet" and partake in condemning him, beyond what I believe there is actual evidence for, so they can label me friend or foe as well but I'm not really interested in being an enemy to any Christian but instead to correct and help them and if I can, give them the benefit of the doubt.

Okay. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.

×
×
  • Create New...