• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Steven Anderson

• Members
1 minute ago, John Young said:

I understand where you are coming from. In my estimation though I see it not as salvation problem but a Doctrinal one. Most of those pastors who are flocking to his group (I believe Anderson himself as well) are saved but had doctrinal questions that they were not getting answered or were given wrong answers by their dispensationalist/IFB teachers. Not getting those answers from main IFB teaching they ended up getting them from other places that had a fundamentally wrong but "simple to understand from the bible" view that skews how they see the scriptures in regards to Israel. Regardless, Whatever opinion one has about the motives of Anderson and company, the only way it will be resolved is to have clear and loving refutation of His errant doctrine. Anything else will just serve to justify what they now believe and are doing to other churches.

I appreciate your answer.

If you will notice my recent studies I have been not attacking Anderson;  but, what he believes doctrinally and I have tried to show exactly why he is in error by the scripture. 

I would like to repeat what I mentioned earlier. Anderson is out to destroy any IFB church he can. In my estimation, because all IFB churches believe in soul-winning, Anderson, and his followers, are using intense soul-winning efforts to infiltrate good churches in an effort to destroy the church from within.

• Members
26 minutes ago, DaveW said:

John you don't seem to understand the depths of this matter. I absolutely do. I also know that Anderson isn't the only one spreading errant doctrine among the churches.

He absolutely does teach his "soulwinners" a 123 repeat after me, get em to pray and mark it down as a win. First hand remember.

And you say that these attacks go on both ways??????? I do. There are many who are telling verifiable false rumors about Anderson who don't care that they are lies. While these serve to rile up the accuser's base they also alinate many who are on the fence about Anderson.

Not really - people like David Cloud present evidence and talk about bad methods and wrong doctrine, not defaming a person's character like Anderson does. I appreciate much of what David Cloud has to say but even with his booklet on Anderson there are clear problems but I won't get in to them here.

And there are the various false doctrines that he holds and expresses -such as a hatred of Israel - have you read and heard some of the thing s that he says about Israel? I have.

And what about the foul language -plenty of times he has used questionable language - terms that some would consider foul but others might not (we all need to be careful of such borderline matters), but he is on record using language that should not pass any Christian's lips let alone be used in preaching. Agreed.

If you think all of these clearly demonstrable matters are small issues, then you need to reassess a few things. I don't think they are small matters but they also need to be kept in the right perspective.

If even some of them are true - and I have good confidence in all of them - but even if only some of them are true this man is not qualified to be a pastor. Whither or not he is qualified is up to his local church, of course how his church is set up, I doubt they will be disqualifying him any time soon...

• Members

To be clear, I believe Anderson and those in or friendly to the NIFB need to be called out on their errors in doctrine and practices but that it should not be mixed with unprovable rumors, assumptions about their motives, questioning their salvation, or personal ad hominem attacks to their person. Their error will not go away with sharp rebuke either as it is a doctrinal thing that is causing their errors and not mere disobedience to things they already know to do. The only thing that will work is clear and patient biblical teaching to their questions, regardless of how we are treated in response.

2 Timothy 2:24-26 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Edited by John Young

• Members

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Which I do by the way. I rarely speak to anyone about Steven Anderson, but when the subject comes up I will warn.

But he has been spoken to by many, both gently and harshly and he refuses any instruction.

• Administrators

Most folks here know of my position regarding allowing our congregations to be influenced by forces outside of our own local church. In this respect I cannot help but think that there could  be no NFIB "movement" if the pastors of our local churches were not allowing themselves to be influenced as "followers of men" rather than followers of Jesus. If we are feeding our own flock properly there is no reason for them to look outside of their own local church. If our people are taught properly they will reject error themselves just as a mirror reflects a true image of that which is placed in front of it. The Steven Andersons of this world could have no influence outside of their own congregations without pastors and other church leaders being influenced by them. Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Now someone might argue that those who are influenced by the errors of others can in turn influence our members from within our congregations. Again, if we are following Jesus and not men, we will be teaching and preaching truth and correct doctrine. If we are doing this under the leadership of The Holy Spirit, then the truth will prevail and serve to "weed out" possible trouble makers. 1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

It is difficult for some pastors, as well as church members to go through this process,  but preaching and adhering to the truth will result in separation, as it should in order to maintain the following verse: 
Jude 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

What I have said above could be encapsulated in this one verse: Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Steven Anderson and the New IFB movement is, at the very least, a group of false teachers, and at worst a cult. If you would like to learn more about their false teachings and even possible criminal activity, here is a good article series on them

Part 1a: An Introduction to the New IFB

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-1a

Part 1b: The Expansion of the New IFB

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-1b

Part 1c: Dishonesty, Deceit, and Dissimulation in the New IFB

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-1c

Part 2a: Examining New IFB Doctrine of God

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-2a

Part 2b: Examining New IFB Doctrine of Jesus

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-2b

Part 2c: Examining New IFB Gospel

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-part-2c

Ben the Baptist Responds!

https://reasonfiles.weebly.com/blog/steven-anderson-and-the-new-ifb-movement-update-1

• Members

Hi Pastor Matt, you're welcome. I hope they are helpful.
I think we have to be careful of the type of exposure we give him. And, as I point out in my articles, it isn't just Steven Anderson. There is a growing number of churches becoming affiliated with him and his movement, thus growing and spreading his false doctrine. I think it is important to not simply tell the Body that he and they are wrong, but why they are wrong. To "contend for the faith" as we are told in Jude.

• Moderators

We have several men in our church who got saved/looked for a KJV church because of Steven Anderson. We have had quite a few more visit the church, looking for a KJV church, because of Steven Anderson. Most don’t stay, as if they ever talk to the pastor about Stephen Anderson, they would not like what they hear! Also, of course, a lot of our doctrines don’t line up with him. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Salyan said:

We have several men in our church who got saved/looked for a KJV church because of Steven Anderson. We have had quite a few more visit the church, looking for a KJV church, because of Steven Anderson. Most don’t stay, as if they ever talk to the pastor about Stephen Anderson, they would not like what they hear! Also, of course, a lot of our doctrines don’t line up with him. 

We have had 2 visit our Church because or Anderson, they both left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
On 10/6/2019 at 3:02 AM, John Young said:

Ok....I didn't make it 3 minutes in before Steven Anderson brought out a straw man. That man is not saying that because the Jews are God's chosen people that they are "ok". Who is saying the Jews are "ok" and don't need Christ just because they are Jews? Read Ezekiel 36... God has a plan for the Jews to repent and receive Christ, and God is going to give them a new heart to obey him and bring them back into the land.

There are actually a few things I do agree with Steven Anderson. But he does have a lot of false teaching. His Covenant Theology is in error and is refuted by a simple reading of Romans 9-11... 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members
4 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Steven Anderson brought out a straw man....he does have a lot of false teaching. His Covenant Theology is in error

In my opinion both men are and most "Evil Anderson" videos play too much with straw men and most are made by men who hold to worse errors than he. That's why he is able to correct them so easily. However, as you pointed out, most of his errors stem form his Covenant Theology, which the majority of these hit videos don't address very well, so he doesn't have to actually defined, or correct his core doctrines that caused him to error in the first place.