• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Steven Anderson

• Members
10 hours ago, Salyan said:

Yeah, my pastor had to do a whole sermon to basically correct and warn against him. We get a lot of visitors looking for a KJV church because of him!

We also have gotten several visitors looking for a KJV church from him. Unfortunately we had one guy who was promoting the idea that Sodomites cannot be saved, teaching against the Pre Trib rapture, and promoting replacement theology. His followers seem completely unable to actually think for themselves, when you show them clear scripture against what they believe they continue to blindly follow Steven Anderson. Andersonism is a cult plain and simple.

• Members

Keep in mind many of them were saved because of his ministry or were nominal Christians that would not have had any interest at all in going to church, much less an independent baptist one, before stumbling on to his videos online. So any exposure to passionate doctrine has only been by his videos. While many of them will bring up Anderson's unique doctrines, most just want a place to humbly serve in soulwinning and are reasonable when making clear they are welcome if they do not speak against the church doctrine. Granted there are trolls and trouble makers in the mix but those usually don't last long.

Edited by John Young

• Members

Keep in mind that their doorknocking involves a repeated prayer and marking down on a list without any follow-up......

I know someone who used be an Anderson disciple, but realised that the majority of their doorway confessions are likely not saved at all.

And that is not hear-say but direct testimony of what he was taught to do and what he saw practiced.

And we have seen plenty of ungodly attitude and false doctrine from his disciples on this site.

And I thoughtfully use the term "his disciples" because by their own testimony the are unlikely disciples of Christ.

• Members
4 minutes ago, DaveW said:

Keep in mind that their doorknocking involves a repeated prayer and marking down on a list without any follow-up......

I know someone who used be an Anderson disciple, but realised that the majority of their doorway confessions are likely not saved at all.

And that is not hear-say but direct testimony of what he was taught to do and what he saw practiced.

And we have seen plenty of ungodly attitude and false doctrine from his disciples on this site.

And I thoughtfully use the term "his disciples" because by their own testimony the are unlikely disciples of Christ.

I am in agreement with Dave here, their soul winning is just repeating a shallow 10 minute Romans Road. You can see a video of their soul winning on youtube.

While Anderson may be getting people interested in his brand of "Christianity" he is not bringing people to follow Jesus Christ, but to follow him and his wacky ideas and sensational doctrines.

How many Sodomites has Steven Anderson turned away from Christianity because of his hate?

How can we possibly give any praise to a man who has openly prayed for certain people to die and go to hell? 

We have had run in's with Andersonites at our church, they seem to want to promote the doctrines of Steven Anderson and not the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Personally, I detest the doctrine and teachings of Steven Anderson. 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members

Jordan,

Thank you bringing to out attention the pdf book by David Cloud, "What about Steven Anderson? I had previously read it and encourage others to read it also.

Brethren,

I have seen the video put out by Anderson on soul winning. In fact, in studying his doctrines, methods, lessons on Revelation, ad nauseam, in order to know what he believes and why, I am glad that he does not want to be affiliated with traditional IFB's . For those who have read my latest two lessons on the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study, and my previous posts concerning Anderson, it is pretty well known I do not care for his doctrines nor attitude.

Thoughts on Soul Winning and John Young's comments,

I agree with what brother John Young stated. There are those brethren who are seriously interested in soul winning efforts, who are nominal saints,  have listened to Anderson and are interested in winning souls. Also, they are not hard-core Andersonites but do serve humbly in church and are active in good, may I repeat, good, soul winning efforts.

A Personal Experience

While on a brief furlough in the States, March - August 2018, I was able to visit one church for a few days. This included going out on Saturday morning visitation, a Saturday fellowship in the afternoon, both Sunday services and fellowship on Sunday afternoon. During that time at that church I met two men who watched Anderson's videos. I noticed that both men appeared to love the Lord, soul winning efforts (good, solid, soul winning efforts), and loved the pastor (not considered a follower of Anderson), loved the church, and treated me and my wife as most IFB churches treat us. In other words, they loved missionaries and were actively involved in the work of the Lord at a good, solid, IFB church.

During the Saturday morning visitation I visited, for over two hours, with one of the individuals. This individual loved the Lord, loved the salvation of souls, was courteous to those who wanted to listen and was courteous to those who were rude. While walking together he mentioned he watched some, not all, of Anderson's videos. Politely,  I mentioned that I had seen his major videos, his video on soul winning, and that I did not agree with several of his key doctrines and methods. My partner understood my position and we politely talked about other things. During the whole time I felt that he was a saint who loved the Lord, was courteous, and not belligerent to anyone we met. While he talked with individuals who wanted to talk, he was definitely after a real conversion experience with the individual he was witnessing to and not just after a 'door way conversion.'

That meeting was the last meeting on that short furlough. My wife and I left the church to return to Taiwan the following week. We left that church with new friends.

I fully understand that my experience is not the experience that is portrayed in Anderson's videos nor with some of his disciples.

God bless!

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammar (twice) added the word video

• Members

I think its dangerous to paint Anderson's "followers" with broad strokes or to say that they are only out to get people to say "a prayer". As with any person with false or errant beliefs that would come to our church, seeking a place to serve, and who share with us their views, to see where our common ground is, we should never write them off as "part of that cult". Rather the pastors who deal with them should treat them with long suffering and compassion, and should also be ready to answer their questions with clear scripture and not just baptist platitudes. To me Anderson's "followers" have the same spirit as the Ruckman "followers" of the past. Filled with crazy ideas from the non local crazy "TV Personality" but if treated right can make great level headed church workers and their wrinkles can be ironed out over time as they study the scripture in the local church. They can't get that if we all push them away to Anderson's franchise churches.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

To me, SA is just a step above  Freddie Phelps & gang in depravity and apostasy

SA has even stated he worships the KJV!

Yes, homosexuality is an abomination before God, but nowhere does He say they can't repent , be forgiven, & saved.

SA has helped debunk the KJVO myth with his extremism, but otherwise, he's a poison mushroom.

• Members
4 hours ago, Salyan said:

Can you please show some respect for our beliefs already? You are a guest on this site.  You aren’t required to agree with it (Re KJV), but you could be a bit more polite and stop throwing your “KJV myth” comments everywhere you possibly can.

Well, actually, I'm an advanced member. And I politely ask for respect for MY beliefs, one of which is that the doctrine of KJVO is a myth.

• Members
2 hours ago, robycop3 said:

Well, actually, I'm an advanced member. And I politely ask for respect for MY beliefs, one of which is that the doctrine of KJVO is a myth.

This website is a clearly stated KJV forum.

Isn't it a somewhat disrespectful act to come to a clearly stated KJV website and attack the KJV?

• Members
10 hours ago, robycop3 said:

SA has helped debunk the KJVO myth with his extremism, but otherwise, he's a poison mushroom.

I am sure that a raging heretic can be found who uses your preferred translation.... would that then prove that translation to be false?

This is an absurd argument against the KJV.

By the way, what IS your preferred translation?

• Members

My preferred translation is the NKJV, followed closely by the NASV.

1 hour ago, DaveW said:

This website is a clearly stated KJV forum.

Isn't it a somewhat disrespectful act to come to a clearly stated KJV website and attack the KJV?

Not when it comes to defending translations of God's word against inaccurate attacks.

• Members
2 minutes ago, robycop3 said:

Not when it comes to defending translations of God's word against inaccurate attacks.

Oh OK, so you come here to a site that is KJV and DEMAND respect for a contrary position, with absolutely no intention of giving respect?

Interesting point of view.