• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thanksgiving Plans?

• Administrators

I was just wondering what folks have planned for Thanksgiving?

We will be having our family dinner, as usual. My sister has a boyfriend, so she and her youngest daughter won't be here. But my oldest niece, her boyfriend, my niece, our son, my hubs, and my mom will be here. And my oldest brother is going to try and make it. If he does, we'll be giving him his Christmas presents because he won't be here for Christmas.

The night before we will be having a thanks giving service at church.

The day after I'll start decorating for Christmas. ?

• Members

One of the highlights of the year is a Thanksgiving day of fellowship and a Dinner with the other IFB missionaries on Taiwan.

My wife and I will be traveling (by train the day before) to the Western side of Taiwan and  having a day of fellowship, and Thanksgiving Dinner, with the other IFB missionaries on Taiwan. We will have a day of fellowship, spend the night in a hotel, and return to the Eastern side of Taiwan by train the next day.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I know I should know, but when is Thanksgiving?

It is always the fourth Thursday of November here in America - Nov. 22 this year. Canada has theirs in October. I don't know if any other countries observe a specific day or not.

• Members
23 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

It is always the fourth Thursday of November here in America - Nov. 22 this year. Canada has theirs in October. I don't know if any other countries observe a specific day or not.

Thank you. We don't have Thanksgiving as a festival over here,  Most churches would have a harvest thanksgiving.  My previous church had their's in September.  

• Members

We're staying around home. I'll take my wife to a restaurant for dinner. No children or grandchildren this Thanksgiving. Thankful... YES!
Thankful this year...
I have a wife to have Thanksgiving dinner with!
I have children and grandchildren!
I'll have a Thanksgiving Dinner!
We won't have a dinner mess to clean!
Most importantly...I have a Savior who loves me and gave His life for me on Calvary arose from the dead and now prepares a place for me to live with Him forever! In spite of my ugly sinful flesh AMEN! 

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Administrators

My niece's boyfriend opted to spend Thanksgiving with his mom because he'll be with us Christmas Eve and possibly Christmas Day. Our nephew was with us today, too.

We had an enjoyable time. Dinner was delicious. We'll be having pie in a bit - pumpkin and lemon meringue.

It's good to be able to enjoy family whenever we can. God has blessed us much.