• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Deborah's Song

• Members
The following is excerpted from Woman and Her Service to God , a training course available from Way of Life Literature.
Judges 5
An entire chapter of the Bible is devoted to Deborah’s song. At least another 25 verses are devoted to songs and prayers by women: Miriam’s song (Ex. 15:20-21), Hannah’s praise (1 Sa. 2:1-10), Elizabeth’s praise (Lu. 1:41-45), and Mary’s praise (Lu. 1:46-55).
Deborah’s song is magnificent even when considered from a literary standpoint only. The simplicity of the words, mostly one syllable, creates power. The repetition imparts passion and vehemence -- “Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel. ... Awake, awake, Deborah; awake, awake, utter a song... At her feet he bowed, he fell, he lay down: at her feet he bowed, he.. Read More

View the full article