• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Recommendations for KJV Ladies Bible Study

• Members

My wife is seeking a study that has a DVD or other visual source (streaming, Youtube, etc.) and then has a workbook to go through during the video and then self work assignments afterwards.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  She has tried the "Lifeway" studies with Priscilla Shrier and Beth Moore but has found to many doctrinal errors and issues with them.

Bro. Garry

• Members

Unfortunately we also have found virtually nothing that is sound enough doctrinally to be handed out for self study.

My wife has used various studies in our ladies' meetings, but she controls the doctrinal issues - has discussed certain things with me prior to the lessons.

I personally would be very wary of  online content for individual study. There are so many false teachers.....

Does your church not have a ladies group to accommodate such study?

• Administrators

As I have said at other times, I am of the opinion that studies such as this should come from within our local churches There is just too much danger in prepared studies from people or organizations outside of our local churches.

In short, doing it ourselves is very conducive to our people getting exactly what they need according to the advancement of our members. No one learns all that God has for them at the same speed. If we do it ourselves we can tailor the studies to individuals that may be at different stages of advancement. If it is a fairly large church we could even have groups arranged at different levels of learning.

That's probably way more than you wanted to know or asked for.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

As I have said at other times, I am of the opinion that studies such as this should come from within our local churches There is just too much danger in prepared studies from people or organizations outside of our local churches.

In short, doing it ourselves is very conducive to our people getting exactly what they need according to the advancement of our members. No one learns all that God has for them at the same speed. If we do it ourselves we can tailor the studies to individuals that may be at different stages of advancement. If it is a fairly large church we could even have groups arranged at different levels of learning.

That's probably way more than you wanted to know or asked for.

I would agree that studies should  come from within our local churches. But it is a truth that there are good people out there whom God has gifted with writing abilities. I would love to get my hands on some good, solid KJV Bible studies for women. I "plan" the lessons I teach the ladies, much like what Dave said. If I have questions, I go to my hubs. Along with, of course, much prayer and Bible study.

Because there is so much to do at times, a good study would help lessen the load. Especially when there is only the pastor and his wife that are able to do the teaching. But I do agree that doing the studies ourselves is conducive to giving our people what they need. And I think that, sometimes, a study can be tailored to the needs of the people.

I would like, though, to find some devotional aids for my ladies' personal use. Of course, they would be vetted before recommended, but good, KJV-based, Baptist devotionals would be welcome. 

Sorry if this has taken the thread off its tracks...

• Administrators

Can you access this, 2b? https://www.facebook.com/Happy-as-a-Larkly-282442041930097/?eid=ARBrzYl-T7ftL2AOsOUt27X7wg4IKvyguUdhLo_2LxsaTUqjr3DX98XOEq-ID5M6m7MEQrdWPtx1bne0&timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work&timeline_context_item_source=100008060524907&fref=tag

I've known Ruth Ann for a number of years. I've not looked deeply into her work, but I'm sure it's doctrinally straight, KJV, and Baptist. I do want to eventually get her books.

• Members

Unfortunately the ladies "Bible Study" at our church run by the Pastors wife which entails a study SHE does with notes and blanks to fill in.  Very little participation in a study by the ladies themselves, there or at home.  She is seeking something that will get everyone involved in looking up scriptures, and discussing what they found.