• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Knowing Him

• Members

The author of that article points out the Greek verb "know" (ginosko) but doesn't really expound upon it. He merely describes it as a "personal" experience; and it is not what he says, but what he does NOT say. Everyone has a "personal" relationship with God. God has a personal relationship with Satan as well as all unbelievers; because God "knows" the inward parts of a person to the most precise detail. To know God is not just "experiencing" God . . . it is also a "saving" relationship with the Creator. 

God Bless!

Edited by (Omega)

• Members
1 hour ago, (Omega) said:

The author of that article points out the Greek verb "know" (ginosko) but doesn't really expound upon it. He merely describes it as a "personal" experience; and it is not what he says, but what he does NOT say. Everyone has a "personal" relationship with God. God has a personal relationship with Satan as well as all unbelievers; because God "knows" the inward parts of a person to the most precise detail. To know God is not just "experiencing" God . . . it is also a "saving" relationship with the Creator. 

God Bless!

I believe Ginosko is very similiar to the Hebrew Yada, which is the same word used when Adam "knew" Eve. Knowing God is an intimate relationship.

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members
1 hour ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I believe Ginosko is very similiar to the Hebrew Yada, which is the same word used when Adam "knew" Eve. Knowing God is an intimate relationship.

You make a good point, Jordan. I believe the LXX Septuagint translates the verb "Ginisko" for the word "Yada" if my memory serves me right, so I absolutely agree with you.