Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

DaveW

New car!

I also personally know how God's providence works.  I too was recently (basically gifted) a vehicle (2006).  $20 (twenty) bucks (plus a little maint. (still needs some maint.) and insur., reg. tax.) and it was given to me, and it runs pretty good.  At the time, I basically said, "OK God, what do you want me to do with it, in service for you, since you gave it to me?"  He was the one who purchased it really.

Just a testimony to also share.

At your request:

Ford Contour or Mercury Mystique to you guys.

2.5ltr V6, 5 speed manual - sounds a lot better than I though it would actually.

Once I get the plates on it I will be able to give it a good drive and find out a bit more about it.

20181014_172036.jpg

20181014_172053.jpg

Oh yeah - the Old Cruiser is parked up in the carport - 1985 FJ62 Toyota Landcruiser - our forever car, the plan is to tour with it in the future, and enjoy a bit of off-roading meantime.

The Little Pug next to the Mondeo belongs to my oldest son - beautiful little car - Turbo Diesel and so nice to drive.

Edited by DaveW
other cars

Body is good in the panels - front and rear bumpers both have a crack in them, and the paint has been 'repaired' poorly.

But it has 160k kms on the clock - about 100k miles. Not bad for an 18 year old car. And it feels way tighter than 18 years.

Happy with it, especially for the dollars. 

image.png.c6becc974bdcef641a96e85f2819c33b.png I don't know if they have electric scooters in other parts of the world; but here in California (more often in the suburbs), I see them more often than bicycles. I suppose the reason behind this is to encourage people to utilize an alternate mode of transportation. What's good about these electric scooters is that you can drop off these scooters when you arrive at your destination.

7 hours ago, Alan said:

Hmmm ???

I think I know why the old owner had to get rid of the car. It won't pass inspection due to the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car!!! :15_1_63:

Hahaha !!!

Oh let's not start that again.....

The steering wheel is on the right side of the car - end of story.........😎

37 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

as well as you E.

You are kind.  Thanks be to God.

There are other such providences to speak of, even of this recent week.  Perhaps a thread on the Providences of God would be edifying.

7 hours ago, Alan said:

Hmmm ???

I think I know why the old owner had to get rid of the car. It won't pass inspection due to the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car!!! :15_1_63:

Hahaha !!!

Not just the steering wheel Alan, Rebecca said it also had 'tyres". Most  vehicles I am familiar with have "tires".

Bro. Dave, when is "right" wrong?  Answer: when it's the steering wheel on the right side of the car.  :15_1_63:

No no - the steering wheel is on the right side, not the wrong side like you guys...

The right side is the right side, otherwise it would be the wrong side because the left side isn't the right side, and if it isn't the right side it must be the wrong side, and that would be wrong not right, so we have the steering wheel on the right not the left so it will be right not wrong.

And yes, it does have tyres..... no idea what these tires are that you mention......

And I must be right because all of my cars are the same - well the cars are all different cars but the same in respect to the steering wheel being in the right place on the right not the wrong place on the left, and they all also have tyres not tires.

Oh and one more thing - only the landcruiser runs on gas - the Mondeo runs on petrol, the pug runs on diesel, and the Landcruiser is dual fuel able to run on both gas and petrol. 

😎 😁

Edited by DaveW

8 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Looks like you got a good deal! 🙂

...next, you'll be claiming that you drive on the "right" side of the road, but we know that isn't true...

Of course it is.

Our steering wheel is on the right, and that means that our drivers are on the right (not that they are always right - we have some terrible drivers over here) and having the driver on the right is the right place for the driver to be because that puts the driver in the middle of the road not on the edge, and that is the right place to be even though that means the car is on the left but the driver is on the right, and that means that the driver is in the right place on the right and in the middle even though he is on the left, but that is right because it is safest.

51 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Of course I said "tyres", I was using an Australian accent!  My car isn't from Australia, so it has tires.  🚗

My spell check will not accept "tyres".  lol

Bro. Dave, you make it so easy to get an Aussie going.  :laugh:

2 hours ago, DaveW said:

Of course it is.

Our steering wheel is on the right, and that means that our drivers are on the right (not that they are always right - we have some terrible drivers over here) and having the driver on the right is the right place for the driver to be because that puts the driver in the middle of the road not on the edge, and that is the right place to be even though that means the car is on the left but the driver is on the right, and that means that the driver is in the right place on the right and in the middle even though he is on the left, but that is right because it is safest.

Right, but who's on first?  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was thinking about this whole subject and Salyan piping in at this point, and I wondered why it is exactly that the Canadians, who are a part of the Commonwealth (even though they aren't, but they still are....) drive their cars on the wrong side?

Then it occurred to me - the Americans (the US of A Americans) drive on the wrong side and the Canadians are simply too polite to point that out to them, so in order not to offend the (US of A) Americans, the Canadians instead just decided to drive on the wrong side of the road as well.

A bit strange 'eh...……...

Yeah, but nice 'eh!

And folks - I really appreciate that we can still have a bit of fun and silliness - it is necessary sometimes.....😁

Oh yeah - is it strange to anyone else that my "New car" is 15 years younger than my "for ever car", but still 18 years old? :4_11_3:

I think the old Cruiser is now classified as a "Modern classic"....😂

Edited by DaveW

9 hours ago, DaveW said:

I was thinking about this whole subject and Salyan piping in at this point, and I wondered why it is exactly that the Canadians, who are a part of the Commonwealth (even though they aren't, but they still are....) drive their cars on the wrong side?

If you are in the same Commonwealth does that mean you are just a Southern Canadian? Or are they northern Aussies? or are you all just displaced British?  😃 🤭

Edited by John Young

2 hours ago, John Young said:

If you are in the same Commonwealth does that mean you are just a Southern Canadian? Or are they northern Aussies? or are you all just displaced British?  😃 🤭

Nah, we are all just servants to the British Empire, the Canadians just decided they don't want to be good servants......😁

They stopped doing what they were told but still get to play games with the rest of us....

1 hour ago, Salyan said:

We’re all expat Brits. Only we’re smarter than them, so we drive on the right side of the road. The Aussies always were folks who went a little wrong...

😂 :15_1_63:

This - and after I noted particularly that the Canadians are polite...…..😋

And by the way, "a little wrong" was all it took to get transported in those days......😁

By the way, the Aussies have NEVER done what we were told by the British - especially if that Brit had a uniform on......😁

(To the best of my knowledge, my ancestors were all free settlers by the way, not transported convicts.)