• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New car!

• Members
8 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Looks like you got a good deal! ?

...next, you'll be claiming that you drive on the "right" side of the road, but we know that isn't true...

Of course it is.

Our steering wheel is on the right, and that means that our drivers are on the right (not that they are always right - we have some terrible drivers over here) and having the driver on the right is the right place for the driver to be because that puts the driver in the middle of the road not on the edge, and that is the right place to be even though that means the car is on the left but the driver is on the right, and that means that the driver is in the right place on the right and in the middle even though he is on the left, but that is right because it is safest.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Of course I said "tyres", I was using an Australian accent!  My car isn't from Australia, so it has tires.  ?

My spell check will not accept "tyres".  lol

Bro. Dave, you make it so easy to get an Aussie going.  :laugh:

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DaveW said:

Of course it is.

Our steering wheel is on the right, and that means that our drivers are on the right (not that they are always right - we have some terrible drivers over here) and having the driver on the right is the right place for the driver to be because that puts the driver in the middle of the road not on the edge, and that is the right place to be even though that means the car is on the left but the driver is on the right, and that means that the driver is in the right place on the right and in the middle even though he is on the left, but that is right because it is safest.

Right, but who's on first?  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Members

I was thinking about this whole subject and Salyan piping in at this point, and I wondered why it is exactly that the Canadians, who are a part of the Commonwealth (even though they aren't, but they still are....) drive their cars on the wrong side?

Then it occurred to me - the Americans (the US of A Americans) drive on the wrong side and the Canadians are simply too polite to point that out to them, so in order not to offend the (US of A) Americans, the Canadians instead just decided to drive on the wrong side of the road as well.

A bit strange 'eh...……...

Yeah, but nice 'eh!

And folks - I really appreciate that we can still have a bit of fun and silliness - it is necessary sometimes.....?

Oh yeah - is it strange to anyone else that my "New car" is 15 years younger than my "for ever car", but still 18 years old? :4_11_3:

I think the old Cruiser is now classified as a "Modern classic"....?

Edited by DaveW

• Members
9 hours ago, DaveW said:

I was thinking about this whole subject and Salyan piping in at this point, and I wondered why it is exactly that the Canadians, who are a part of the Commonwealth (even though they aren't, but they still are....) drive their cars on the wrong side?

If you are in the same Commonwealth does that mean you are just a Southern Canadian? Or are they northern Aussies? or are you all just displaced British?  ? ?

Edited by John Young

• Members
2 hours ago, John Young said:

If you are in the same Commonwealth does that mean you are just a Southern Canadian? Or are they northern Aussies? or are you all just displaced British?  ? ?

Nah, we are all just servants to the British Empire, the Canadians just decided they don't want to be good servants......?

They stopped doing what they were told but still get to play games with the rest of us....

1 hour ago, Salyan said:

We’re all expat Brits. Only we’re smarter than them, so we drive on the right side of the road. The Aussies always were folks who went a little wrong...

? :15_1_63:

This - and after I noted particularly that the Canadians are polite...…..?

And by the way, "a little wrong" was all it took to get transported in those days......?

By the way, the Aussies have NEVER done what we were told by the British - especially if that Brit had a uniform on......?

(To the best of my knowledge, my ancestors were all free settlers by the way, not transported convicts.) 

• Members
On 10/25/2018 at 3:08 AM, EvangAlived said:

I also personally know how God's providence works.  I too was recently (basically gifted) a vehicle (2006).  $20 (twenty) bucks (plus a little maint. (still needs some maint.) and insur., reg. tax.) and it was given to me, and it runs pretty good.  At the time, I basically said, "OK God, what do you want me to do with it, in service for you, since you gave it to me?"  He was the one who purchased it really.

Just a testimony to also share.

Brethren

I did a search on pearltrees.com and then the companion link on pearltrees.com: awhn.org

1. Almost all of the material found on the links on pearltrees.com is Seventh Day Adventist doctrine, prophetical beliefs, and Ellen G. White background material.

2. The awhn on the awhn website stands for: Adventist Whole Health Network. In other words, awhn.org is a Seventh Day Adventist website.

Alan

Edited by Salyan
Removed SDA link from quote

• Members

We gave the world cricket.  But not all the world accepted it, But then those that did always beat us at it,

I saw on France 24 web site yesterday, that some of the failed migrants to the UK have applied for asylum in France and some from Afganistan and other places have started the first French cricket club, called St Omer Cricket Club., so soon I expect the French will be beating us at cricket,

Edited by Invicta