• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New car!

• Members

I also personally know how God's providence works.  I too was recently (basically gifted) a vehicle (2006).  $20 (twenty) bucks (plus a little maint. (still needs some maint.) and insur., reg. tax.) and it was given to me, and it runs pretty good.  At the time, I basically said, "OK God, what do you want me to do with it, in service for you, since you gave it to me?"  He was the one who purchased it really.

Just a testimony to also share.

• Members

At your request:

Ford Contour or Mercury Mystique to you guys.

2.5ltr V6, 5 speed manual - sounds a lot better than I though it would actually.

Once I get the plates on it I will be able to give it a good drive and find out a bit more about it.

20181014_172036.jpg

20181014_172053.jpg

Oh yeah - the Old Cruiser is parked up in the carport - 1985 FJ62 Toyota Landcruiser - our forever car, the plan is to tour with it in the future, and enjoy a bit of off-roading meantime.

The Little Pug next to the Mondeo belongs to my oldest son - beautiful little car - Turbo Diesel and so nice to drive.

Edited by DaveW
other cars

• Members

Body is good in the panels - front and rear bumpers both have a crack in them, and the paint has been 'repaired' poorly.

But it has 160k kms on the clock - about 100k miles. Not bad for an 18 year old car. And it feels way tighter than 18 years.

Happy with it, especially for the dollars. 

• Members

image.png.c6becc974bdcef641a96e85f2819c33b.png I don't know if they have electric scooters in other parts of the world; but here in California (more often in the suburbs), I see them more often than bicycles. I suppose the reason behind this is to encourage people to utilize an alternate mode of transportation. What's good about these electric scooters is that you can drop off these scooters when you arrive at your destination.

• Members
7 hours ago, Alan said:

Hmmm ???

I think I know why the old owner had to get rid of the car. It won't pass inspection due to the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car!!! :15_1_63:

Hahaha !!!

Oh let's not start that again.....

The steering wheel is on the right side of the car - end of story.........?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Alan said:

Hmmm ???

I think I know why the old owner had to get rid of the car. It won't pass inspection due to the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car!!! :15_1_63:

Hahaha !!!

Not just the steering wheel Alan, Rebecca said it also had 'tyres". Most  vehicles I am familiar with have "tires".

Bro. Dave, when is "right" wrong?  Answer: when it's the steering wheel on the right side of the car.  :15_1_63:

• Members

No no - the steering wheel is on the right side, not the wrong side like you guys...

The right side is the right side, otherwise it would be the wrong side because the left side isn't the right side, and if it isn't the right side it must be the wrong side, and that would be wrong not right, so we have the steering wheel on the right not the left so it will be right not wrong.

And yes, it does have tyres..... no idea what these tires are that you mention......

And I must be right because all of my cars are the same - well the cars are all different cars but the same in respect to the steering wheel being in the right place on the right not the wrong place on the left, and they all also have tyres not tires.

Oh and one more thing - only the landcruiser runs on gas - the Mondeo runs on petrol, the pug runs on diesel, and the Landcruiser is dual fuel able to run on both gas and petrol. 

? ?

Edited by DaveW