• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Challenge to Australian Pastors About the Compromise of the Hour

• Members
The following is a modified edition of a letter I wrote recently to a pastor friend in Australia to encourage him to stand more boldly and more publicly against the compromise of the hour that is destroying the pilgrim separatist character of a great many churches today.
Dear pastor,
As you know, I am deeply concerned about the direction of most Independent Baptist churches today.
One of the fountains of compromise is Paul Chappell and Lancaster Baptist Church of Lancaster, California. Their Independent Baptist big tent program, contemporary music, and “lighten up” philosophy is spreading change in a large number of churches, and the change is always toward a looser, weaker.. Read More

View the full article

• Members

Part of this article c0ncerns the book "Worship Wars" by Robert Bakss.

When I heard that this book was being proposed, I waited eagerly. Robert Bakss used to be a lawyer and his preaching is normally well laid out and considered. Further to that, when it was announced that he was writing this book it was billed as "an unbiased consideration of the music issue confronting modern day christianity" (or something close to this).

I can tell you that it is anything but unbiased.

The author refers to one particular gentleman only as "pastor xxxxxx" whilst he lists the opposing view's proponent with all of his qualifications. The problem with that is that the pastor in question is a very musically qualified person, but he is presented only as Pastor, while the other guy is presented as an expert.

This is just one example of obvious bias.

The book is nothing more than a full blown affirmation of modern music in all its forms and without restriction.

It is not biblically based, and it is not unbiased.