• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ever get scammed into one of those "calls" or know someone who did?

• Members

Ever get scammed into one of those "calls" or know someone who did?

http://www.pearltrees.com/awhn/the-loud-cry-revelation-14-12/id5277051

Ever know anyone who was scammed into allowing a person on the other end of a phone access to your computer, and then after you got suspicious, or agitated, they immediately "syskey'ed" your windows computer, and now you are permanently locked out of your own computer unless you pay a ransom fee to the very persons who hijacked you?

Well, I actually have such a story, and I have a pretty simple solution that worked for a relative of mine, who came to me with their now 'Syskey'ed' machine, Microsoft tablet.

I took the tablet and once I found out the issue, having been given very little detail of what happened by the relative, I knelt down and prayed asking God for the answer, even as Daniel prayed to God, for the dream that Nebuchadnezzar dreamed. I did not ask for me, but that it may be a witness unto the relative to accept the Gospel itself, because it was going to be a miracle to undo a Syskey, since it could be anything and even a high digit password.

After praying, I dug on the net for awhile and came across a few try-able solutions, but nothing worked, and I prayed again, and God led me to a forum that had stated to try simple entries on the password, as the hi-jacker usually has mere seconds to set up the Syskey without a person unplugging the system.

That's when I tried numerous entries, all simple, like 'aaa', 'abc', '111', '123', etc. I had also read it may be slightly longer such as '1234', or even up to '12345'. None of it worked. I prayed again, to God to make known the password, and claimed the promises and example of Daniel that I might have an effective opportunity to witness to the relative.

Then a thought came from heaven, and said, 'Try one more digit'.

Bang.

I was in.

Undid the Syskey, and restored the system (after a few more hiccups).

Just as it was complete, the relative came over, and I was able to witness of what had happened, and the relative said, "We should pray and thank God!"

We knelt right down in the room, and thanked God.:)

True history. The events are a little shortened in time-length, and the relative will remain anonymous.

If you receive such a warning to call for virus repair, or receive a phone call to have someone have access to your computer through windows, and especially if they have a thick Hindi accent from India. Report the number called in on, and try to recollect any info about the person who called you, time of day, etc.

Edited by EvangAlived