• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

120 Bible Hymns - While You Sleep (No instruments) Night Time Edition

EvangAlived

• Administrators

EvangAlived,

hymns are wonderful and we love them. Since you are new here I would like to take this opportunity to give you a bit of advise. In your introduction you stated that you wanted to be in a forum that discussed bible issues. So far, in thirteen short hours you have posted 24 music videos.

May I suggest that you, as a new member, start out by posting things that others can read and respond to. This way we all get to know each other and it makes for interesting discussions, which is what a message board is all about.

Posting this many links to videos may be seen as SPAMMING. SPAMMING takes up a lot of bandwidth and that costs real money. The owner of this site has posted his rules for this sort of instance, which can be found in our board rules here

This that he outlined below would apply to your music posts because of number and lack of much of anything else, such as actual text.

"Do not post Spam
a) Spam includes advertisements, content deemed inappropriate or illegal, flooding of the boards, double posts, and posts that are posted just to bring hits to your website;"

Thank you for your consideration.

• Members
11 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

EvangAlived,

hymns are wonderful and we love them. Since you are new here I would like to take this opportunity to give you a bit of advise. In your introduction you stated that you wanted to be in a forum that discussed bible issues. So far, in thirteen short hours you have posted 24 music videos.

May I suggest that you, as a new member, start out by posting things that others can read and respond to. This way we all get to know each other and it makes for interesting discussions, which is what a message board is all about.

Posting this many links to videos may be seen as SPAMMING. SPAMMING takes up a lot of bandwidth and that costs real money. The owner of this site has posted his rules for this sort of instance, which can be found in our board rules here

This that he outlined below would apply to your music posts because of number and lack of much of anything else, such as actual text.

"Do not post Spam
a) Spam includes advertisements, content deemed inappropriate or illegal, flooding of the boards, double posts, and posts that are posted just to bring hits to your website;"

Thank you for your consideration.

I am glad that you love hymns.

Thank you for the rule about "spam", but I did not (and do not) see any of that which was posted as spam.  All of it glorifies God.  There might be a slight difference of what classifies 'spam'.  I came into this (forum and) thread and noticed that the last post was nearly a year ago (Dec. 2017).  This thread was way past 4 day old "d" "e" "a" "d" (that spells "dēd"), and so I took it upon myself to EvangAlive it.

I came with gifts brother.

I will hold off from further posts for now and give opportunity for others to post.

Edited by EvangAlived

• Moderators

Evangalived, when a mod or admin remind you of the rules, it is better to accept the correction than to talk back. The rebellious attitude you are projecting could cause one to doubt that you are truly here for fellowship, rather than to press your own agenda. 

• Administrators

Evangalived, I worded my advice post very carefully in hope that you would not be offended. Posting 24 music videos within thirteen hours of joining a forum as a new member would easily fall under this one part of the rules "flooding of the boards".

I am sorry you were offended, but I cannot help but feel that since you have been on many message boards, you should be well aware of board etiquette.

• Members

Brethren

The music site that EvangALived used are Seventh Day Adventist music sites.

I will give you two examples:

Pastor John Lomacang is a Seventh Day Adventist pastor. Below is his website.

http://www.croydonadventist.org/sermons-speakers/john-lomacang/

Christian Berdahl is the head of a ministry called, "Shepherd's Call Ministry." On his detailed, not short, doctrinal statement he is obviously "Seventh Day Adventist.

Here is Berdahls website: https://www.shepcall.com/about/beliefs/

In my opinion, EvangAlived is using the threads, any thread that he can post on, to promote Seventh Day Adventist material. EvangAlived is a false teacher and using our threads to promote sites to attract people to Seventh Day Adventist doctrines.

Alan

Edited by Alan
phrase

• Members

Concerning the music selections that he posted, EvangAlived said, "All of it glorifies God." Please notice EvangAlived words, he does not say, "All of the music glorifies God, " he said, "All of it glorifies God." so, in my estimation, he included the doctrinal material.

The promotion of Seventh Day Adventist material on the website does not glorify God.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

Thanks Jim and Alan! He wrote what he may have thought to be a "doctoral dissertation" in a PM to me; and it had so many holes in it that I lost count. I've never encountered anyone who has taken scripture out of context as egregiously as he had done. There was no point in trying to reason with him as it was quite clear that he has crossed his rubicon, and his heart has been crystalized. The devil has taken him captive through doctrines of devils. The SDA's believe in soul sleep, and that one can lose their Salvation; something which is not taught in scripture if one does their homework instead of having their head stuck in the sand with, "Don't confuse me with the facts; my mind is already made up!" He will answer to the Lord, and he will be WITHOUT excuse as MANY had warned him to repent, and he failed to take heed.

God Bless!