Jump to content
  • Welcome to Online Baptist

    Free to join.

EvangAlived

Looking for a place that believes God's word, and studies and lives it

Recommended Posts

Looking for a place that believes God's word, and studies and lives it, as Jesus lived it.

I've been to quite a few forums, most of whom 's 'leadership' doubt the Bible in what it plainly says, and question even the most plainest statements and yet they proclaim themselves 'Christians' an to be able to teach and 'moderate', yet are unwilling to openly defend what they believe in forum discussion.

I believe God's word from Alpha to Omega, First to Last, Beginning to Ending, Creation to Redemption, and it is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.

About 10 years ago now, by the pleading of the Holy Spirit with my own heart, bringing upon me conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment, I fell upon my knees in my room, in hot tears, knowing that I was a monstrous sinner, deserving of such a death, but believing the promise of God, and so called upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to save me from death, and deliver me from sin, and to pluck me from the fire as a brand to be remade into an arrow of the Lord.  I remember the night, and felt the presence of God in my room.

I am neither IFB, nor 'Baptist' (though I know some of each), but I have been Baptized by full immersion and I now have, for some time, the King James Bible.  I have read the entire history of the Reformation (original and in the time of Calvin) by J. H. Merle d'Aubigne, and other such books, and many books on the Bible (King James), as well as watched many a video on similar materials, sacred history (ecclesiastical/church), history in general, and love to research.

Some forums I have been to, are JW forums (for witnessing/apologetic purposes), LDS forums (for witnessing/apologetic purposes), Muslim forums (for witnessing/apologetic purposes), Catholic forums (fishing in the Tiber, they really don't like me there), Baptist forums, Christian forums, and others as well.

I am looking for a place to fellowship and study with others in the word of God.  I do have strong positions based upon prayerful study of God's word, and so please ask for patience and discussion (for it breaks my heart every time I am simply removed from a place because I disagree (sometimes strongly) with others, based upon what is demonstrable from scripture (I expect to be convinced by scripture and godliness, not force of might and trodding down of my conscience)), though I do learn from godly wisdom, so long as it is foundationally built upon a thus saith the Lord, and it is written.

I like to share what God has shared with me with all, and withhold from none, no matter their background.

I have not spoken of all my background, for in truth, there are things than cannot ever be said, nor shared, too cruel, too wicked, too foul, too black and in anycase are covered by the blood, and to know those things, one must attempt to pry them from Jesus' almighty lips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveW said:

Welcome.

 

I noticed, that since I am not IFB, that I do not get access to all parts of the forum, wherein I cannot reply/respond to certain sections.  Is there anyway that I could be granted access to just one IFB section, the "King James Bible" section?  I really like the subject, and would like to participate  occasionally therein if possible.  Who may I plead with for such permissions in that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmmm - I thought the KJV section was open.....

You could always post in the "Bible" section - anyone can post in there, and it is an appropriate section for such discussions.

It is not up to me though - I am just a member here. A mod will be by soon and will be able to answer your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EvangAlived said:

I noticed, that since I am not IFB, that I do not get access to all parts of the forum, wherein I cannot reply/respond to certain sections.  Is there anyway that I could be granted access to just one IFB section, the "King James Bible" section?  I really like the subject, and would like to participate  occasionally therein if possible.  Who may I plead with for such permissions in that?

Welcome EvangAlived, we are glad you decided to join our group and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Unfortunately we cannot admit you to the IFB section simply because you are not IFB by your own statement. Unfortunately there is no mechanism to admit you to just one section of the IFB part of the board.

Please feel free to start or participate in threads on any part of the board that you have access to. We like to keep topics limited to their proper category, but if you do not have access to a certain category you may post your post in another category.

In this instance an appropriate category would be the bible section as Bro. Dave pointed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EvangAlived said:

I am looking for a place to fellowship and study with others in the word of God.  I do have strong positions based upon prayerful study of God's word, and so please ask for patience and discussion (for it breaks my heart every time I am simply removed from a place because I disagree (sometimes strongly) with others, based upon what is demonstrable from scripture (I expect to be convinced by scripture and godliness, not force of might and trodding down of my conscience)), though I do learn from godly wisdom, so long as it is foundationally built upon a thus saith the Lord, and it is written.

Welcome Brother (or Sister??) "EvangAlived,"

I also believe very strongly in precise handling of the Holy Scriptures for all of belief and behavior.  I also can be quite forceful in expressing the Biblical evidences for a position that I hold.  I also expect others to provide clear and precise BIBLICAL evidences for the position that they hold.  Time restrictions often prevent me from engaging in every discussion that I might, especially with the manner of thoroughness (lengthiness??) in which I tend to engage.  My advice -- Be BIBLICAL; have forceful conviction on Biblical evidence; but also be gracious in the engagement with others.  If so, I believe that you will have found a good forum herein for your spiritual benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Welcome EvangAlived, we are glad you decided to join our group and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Unfortunately we cannot admit you to the IFB section simply because you are not IFB by your own statement. Unfortunately there is no mechanism to admit you to just one section of the IFB part of the board.

Please feel free to start or participate in threads on any part of the board that you have access to. We like to keep topics limited to their proper category, but if you do not have access to a certain category you may post your post in another category.

In this instance an appropriate category would be the bible section as Bro. Dave pointed out.

Well, that is disappointing brother Jim_Alaska, but I kinda figured that would be the answer, though I still do not quite understand forums and segregated or closed off sections, except perhaps for Admin/Mod sections, and/or male and female only sections, and even then, in regards the latter, not sure of their effectiveness or real purpose.

For instance, if I were to run my own forums, a section for King James Bible would be open to all.  (Just my position on it you see.)

Is there any specific reason that the King James Bible section is IFB only?  Wouldn't that belong under a more general section?  Anyways, just curious.  Hi!

I was looking forward to interacting with Will Kinney (Brand Plucked).  Read his material (among many others) and love his website (very useful, and recommend it to all).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Welcome Brother (or Sister??) "EvangAlived,"

I also believe very strongly in precise handling of the Holy Scriptures for all of belief and behavior.  I also can be quite forceful in expressing the Biblical evidences for a position that I hold.  I also expect others to provide clear and precise BIBLICAL evidences for the position that they hold.  Time restrictions often prevent me from engaging in every discussion that I might, especially with the manner of thoroughness (lengthiness??) in which I tend to engage.  My advice -- Be BIBLICAL; have forceful conviction on Biblical evidence; but also be gracious in the engagement with others.  If so, I believe that you will have found a good forum herein for your spiritual benefit.

Sounds good brother Scott.

(I am 'brother', if you desire to utilize that).

If you ever would like one to one time with me, on any particular subject, I would not mind, and it can take place over the length of time as you require.  Is there a way to contact you more directly for such purpose, or would you prefer to remain in association only by these forums?

One of my faults, would probably lie in the direction of presenting too much at times in a single setting, rather than going more slowly, and piecemeal.

I generally keep to anonymity, for my safety, while on the net (please do not take offense, for if I were to meet any one of you in person, I would give my right hand in fellowship and my name, and take the time to get to know you).

You are a pastor? (still active or retired?)

While I am not a pastor, I have preached on many occasions in various locations, and also teach the wonderful scriptures to those desirous to learn, and love to study, and to share.

I must go for now, have an errand to run for another, but I will hope to be back later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvangAlived said:

For instance, if I were to run my own forums, a section for King James Bible would be open to all.  (Just my position on it you see.)

Is there any specific reason that the King James Bible section is IFB only?  Wouldn't that belong under a more general section?  Anyways, just curious.  Hi!

I can't speak for the board owner regarding your question, but I do have an opinion.

This board's owner has specifically stated that if Scripture is quoted it is to be limited to the KJV.  I think that if we open the IFB forums to everyone there is sure to be contentions and those will most likely contain Scripture from other versions, as well as arguments in favor of KJV and against.

Here is a copy and paste of one rule regarding this: Feel free to quote the Bible, if you do we ask that you use the KJV. This is done to avoid confusion.
The Administrators and Moderators of this site believe that the KJV is Gods preserved Word for the English speaking people, and we ask that you respect that and use the KJV when quoting scripture.

One other reason could be that that the IFB section of this board is specifically for interaction and fellowship between IFB members who are like minded.

It may benefit you some to read the board rules here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I can't speak for the board owner regarding your question, but I do have an opinion.

This board's owner has specifically stated that if Scripture is quoted it is to be limited to the KJV.  I think that if we open the IFB forums to everyone there is sure to be contentions and those will most likely contain Scripture from other versions, as well as arguments in favor of KJV and against.

Here is a copy and paste of one rule regarding this: Feel free to quote the Bible, if you do we ask that you use the KJV. This is done to avoid confusion.
The Administrators and Moderators of this site believe that the KJV is Gods preserved Word for the English speaking people, and we ask that you respect that and use the KJV when quoting scripture.

One other reason could be that that the IFB section of this board is specifically for interaction and fellowship between IFB members who are like minded.

It may benefit you some to read the board rules here.

Oh, well thank you for the further help.  I do not have any issue in citing the KJB, as that is the preserved words of God in English.  :)

Here are some of the persons I have read/watched on the subject (Gail Riplinger's material; Sam Gipp's materials, David W. Daniels material, David Otis Fuller's material, Alan O Reily's material, Dean Burgon's material, D. A. Waite [and D.B. Society] material, Jack Moorman's material, Peter S. Ruckman's material, H. N. Harkell's material, Lawrence M, Vance's material, Jack McElroy's material, Kyle Stephen's material, Will J. Kinney' material, and others, like Bryan Denlinger, Chick Salliby, Greg Miller, and others like Benjamin G. Wilkinson, Walter J Veith; Vance Ferrell, bro. Dan A.; H. H. Meyers; Russel and Colin Standish, Sharon Thomas Crews, Frank W. Hardy, and further from Erasmus' materials and what is available on the King James translators, along with Tyndale, Wycliffe, Genevans; and from the other (incorrect) perspective, such as James White (so-called reformed; Jesuit endorsed), Westcott & Hort, John Ankerburg, and translators of other works, such as Dan Wallace, Carlo Maria Martini, S.J., Nestle-Aland (NA, and NU) an United Bible Society (UBS); and more, so-called LXX (Septuagint; work of Origen in Hexapla, and others), and then preparing my own material on the subject.)

Thank you for pointing me to the board rules.  I have read them (though I may have a question concerning the difference between a discussion and a 'debate', involving differences between persons if they arise).

I would then like to pass along a suggestion to the site owner, through you perhaps brother Jim_Alaska, in regards the "King James Bible" section under IFB.  Since the title of the thread/area itself already says "King James Bible", and the forum rules advocate quoting from the KJB, I would think that is plenty of instruction for others non-IFB who may desire to participate, that it may promote more discussion in the general area, rather than in a cordoned area, but even if not so, a general sticky from an Admin in the thread OP itself would give final clarification.

The reason I suggest this, is that it is not only IFB that are interested in the subject, nor passionate about God's word in English (KJB), and may have material and thought to contribute, but because the section is reserved only for IFB, both (IFB, and others such as myself) are missing out.  Anyways, just a suggestion, if you may please pass it on to the site owner, brother Jim_Alaska, it would be much appreciated.  I don't want to make to much of it, but I was disappointed after I joined and found that one of my favorite subjects is off limits to any responses from me or others, not IFB.

Even if all is heard, but the site owner is still not desirous of opening that section up to all, well, I will have to find something else to do in regards discussion on that subject here.

Edited by EvangAlived

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm..... the section called "The Bible" under the "Biblical Issues" section.

This is in the general section and open to all.

You may not agree, but in fact many of us want a more restricted place to have discussions. Sometimes discussions are sidetracked by people of differing opinion who will not allow reasonable discussion to happen. Some of us want to be able to discuss in a friendly setting - benefit comes not only from opposing views, but also from differing but sympathetic views.

This is precisely why we have different sections. 

You are more than welcome to start a KJV discussion in the section I pointed to above. And all sorts of people will probably participate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DaveW said:

You are more than welcome to start a KJV discussion in the section I pointed to above. And all sorts of people will probably participate.

Thank you for the advice, but it is not the same, so I will refrain.  Thank you however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Salyan said:

 The topic is not limited, merely the forum. If you would like to participate on this forum, you must be willing to submit to its rules.  Do you always try to reorganize the furniture when you visit someone’s house?

Guess I should have taken Sam Gipps wisdom more seriously.  'Advice un-requested is advice ignored.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to OnLineBaptist! 😀

Thank you your testimony and letting us know some the material that you have studied from.

I am sure that we will find areas of interest, meaningful discussions, and fellowship.

I appreciate your open heartedness and spirit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alan said:

Welcome to OnLineBaptist! 😀

Thank you your testimony and letting us know some the material that you have studied from.

I am sure that we will find areas of interest, meaningful discussions, and fellowship.

I appreciate your open heartedness and spirit.

 

 

:)  Hi brother Alan!

Good to be here, glad to meet you (and all the others also).  Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your religious/denominational affiliation?

what church do you attend?

please no response of “I just follow the Bible”, after all most religious systems claim to do that, after all that kind of response is really meaningless. 

What religious belief/system is closest to your own personal belief system?

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.

×
×
  • Create New...