• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Overcoming Victory

• Members

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not [blot out his name out of the book of life], but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. (Revelation 3:5)

Some have suggested that this verses teaches that Salvation can be lost because our name can be BLOTTED OUT of the book of life.This verse is actually teaching quite the opposite. It is a guarantee to the *overcomer* that his/her name will NOT be removed from the book of life. But who is he that overcometh? The article makes it very clear who the overcomer is! If one's name can literally be removed from the book of life; we can also argue that one can literally be "removed" OUT of the Holy City once placed there -- but Revelation 3:12 CLEARLY says that one CANNOT be removed OUT of the Holy City.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and [OUT OF THE HOLY CITY], and from the things which are written in this book. (Revelation 22:19)

There is nothing in scripture which would indicate that a child of God can be removed out of the Holy City, and I challenge anyone to show me otherwise. To suggest that is possible would be ADDING to this book -- which Jesus warns NOT to do.

God Bless!

Edited by (Omega)