• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:A Beautiful Little Messianic Prophecy

• Members
The following is from a new commentary on Ezekiel. It is part of the Way of Life Commentary Series , which currently has volumes on Isaiah, Jeremiah, and the Minor Prophets.
“Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent: In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell. And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the LORD have spoken and have done it” (Ezekiel 17:22-24).
At the hands of Nebuchadnezzar, the mighty cedar of Israel’s ancient kingdom became a lowly vine, and eventually.. Read More

View the full article