• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Examine Yourselves

• Members

Satan is trying to stop me from posting a thread. I was able to post here in the morning, but all of a sudden I can't even edit my post correctly or add anything to it. I have to post only 1 or 2 paragraphs in order for it to submit. I also have to post it here in the Lounge because, for some reason . . . I can't submit a thread in Biblical Issues.

Are you absolutely certain without a tinge of a doubt within your heart and mind that you are TRULY born-again? And will you be on your way to heaven if you were to die today? I will attempt to make this message clear as possible to understand because there are professing Christians who have failed to see the forest for the trees. Every church has *false converts* . . . and every Christian community has tares (Matt. 7:20; 13:24-30; cf. Jer. 14:14; Matt. 7:15; 15:8; Jn. 13:35; Acts 20:29-31; Rom. 16:17; 1 Cor. 5:11; 2 Cor. 11:13-15; 13:5; Gal. 2:4; Tit. 1:16; 2 Tim. 3:5; Js. 2:1-26; 1 Jn. 4:1-3; 2 Pet. 2:1; 1 Jn. 4:1) -- and I have experienced this many times, and in churches abroad.

The bible makes it crystal clear that we can and should know without any shadow of turning that we are TRULY saved and safe in the arms of God Almighty! I cannot tell you whether someone professing to be "Christian" is truly saved -- unless they possess no understanding at all of the Word of God and/or are antagonistic of being Holy or follow other religions. What do I mean? 

Edited by (Omega)

• Members

The parable of the wheat and the weeds found in Matthew 13:24-30 describes self-professed Christians who are duped by the devil into believing that they are saved because of a past profession but having no traits of genuine repentance (cf. 2 Chron. 7:14; Ps. 34:14; Prov. 28:13; Ezek. 18:21-23; Matt. 3:8; 11:20; Mk. 1:14-15; Lk. 5:31-32; 13:3,5; Acts 8:22; 11:18; 2 Cor. 7:10; cf. Rev. 2:16). I deal with this all the time with associates of mine who attend church but live a lifestyle of carnality and worldliness. There are times when it is near impossible to say if they are in fact genuine Christians. The weeds (Grk. darnel) are a type of weed that is almost indistinguishable from wheat until it it is fully developed. The reapers (angels) will separate genuine believers from the false ones at the GREAT HARVEST, and they will gather the false believers into bundles to be cast into the Lake of Fire (baptism by fire) where they will face eternal punishment.

These things have I written unto you that [BELIEVE] on the name of the Son of God; that [YE MAY KNOW] that ye have eternal life, and that [YE MAY BELIEVE] on the name of the Son of God. (1st John 5:13)

What exactly does it mean to believe? Believing IN Jesus Christ is not merely just intellectual assent about the personhood of Christ, but rather a *saving* relationship with Him. We often hear Christians speaking of a "personal" relationship with Jesus Christ -- but is having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ indicative of saving faith? The fallen angels, demons, and all other sentient creatures in this universe have a "personal" relationship with God, and of the Lord Jesus Christ. What do I mean? God is Omniscient, and knows the hearts and minds of every existing creature who have a conscience; and the bible is explicit that even the demons believe (James 2:19) but have a reservation in the Lake of fire to be tormented forever. What do I mean by this?

The scripture is replete with passages about what saving faith is (e.g., Jn. 3:16; 3:36; 5:24; 6:40; 11:25; 12:46; 20:31; Acts 8:37; 10:43; 13:39; 16:31; Rom. 9:33; 10:9; 2 Tim. 3:15; 1st Jn. 5:1); and it is *through faith* alone (Grk. "dia pistis") [notitia, assensus, and fiducia] are we saved. Scripture uses the word *saving* 174 times, and the word *faith* 789 times -- so there should be no confusion as to what saving faith entails if we actually open our bibles and take some time to read it (cf. Hos. 4:6; Prov. 5:23; 10:21).

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Catholics, Jehovah's witnesses, and Mormons, are NOT to be categorized as Christians; for they believe in Salvation by WORKS -- which in reality is SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS, and this is an abomination unto the LORD. This putrid behavior is PRIDEFUL, and stinks to high heaven and into the nostrils of God. It is not only confessing with our mouths that Jesus IS LORD; it is also believing with our HEARTS that He is LORD and was raised from the dead. Then there are those who BETRAY the Lord Jesus Christ by making a mockery of the shed blood of Christ by a superficial and false outward appearance of being a Christian, but yet live a life of immorality and perpetual sin.

Sadly, there are many professing Christians who are deceived into believing that they are indeed saved when they are not. Their lifestyle bears rotten fruits that reek of sensuality and carnal desires of their flesh. An unregenerate person cannot perceive nor comprehend that they are in fact NOT saved because the heart of an unregenerate person is "deceitful and desperately wicked" according to the bible (Jer. 17:9) -- unless purified by God and the continual sanctification by the TRUTH of Holy scripture --  through the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, [turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness], and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (Jude 1:14)

Ye hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, THIS PEOPLE DRAWETH NIGH UNTO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONORETH ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING THE DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN. (Matthew 15:7-9)

It is written:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but [he that doeth the will of my Father] which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY. (Matthew 7:21,23)

For [godly sorrow worketh repentance] to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)

There can be no genuine repentance apart from acknowledging our sorrow over our sins. The sorrow of this world (worldly grief) CANNOT save anyone. This sort of grief only produces shame, guilt, and self-pity. We can see this in the example of Judas Iscariot -- who died from this type of remorse by betraying the LORD Jesus Christ (cf. Matt. 27:3).

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Galatians 6:7-8)

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? (2 Corinthians 13:5)

There is great emphasis regarding the grammar in the Greek in the above verse (i.e., *examine* Grk. πειράζω peirazo;  *yourselves* ἑαυτοῦ heautou; *ye* ἐστέ este). The verb *examine* is in the [present active imperative] -- which is a COMMAND that we should NOW and CONTINUALLY put ourselves under a microscope to see if our faith is Genuine. 

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. (Matthew) 7:18-20

Fruits of the Spirit:

• Love
  • Joy
  • Peace
  • Longsuffering
  • Gentleness
  • Goodness
  • Faith,
  • Meekness
  • Temperance

What sort of crops are you producing?

God Bless!