• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Thief on the Cross

Sheep teaching sheep

A few terms that I had not heard prior to attending an IFB church.   Undershepherd is one .  I had not heard a pastor referred to as an Under shepherd.  Or the term " Sheep cant teach sheep, or sheep cant shear sheep".   I hear these often.   Although I cant find a biblical reference or reason for these sayings.  Thoughts please. 

Edited by Thief on the Cross

4 hours ago, Thief on the Cross said:

A few terms that I had not heard prior to attending an IFB church.   Undershepherd is one .  I had not heard a pastor referred to as an Under shepherd.  Or the term " Sheep cant teach sheep, or sheep cant shear sheep".   I hear these often.   Although I cant find a biblical reference or reason for these sayings.  Thoughts please. 

Sheep can't teach sheep is simply not found anywhere in the Bible. 

5 hours ago, Thief on the Cross said:

5 years as a Southern Baptist and 41 years as an Independent Baptist and I ain't NEVER heard such  ---------- and I glad I haven't.

Thank you for your replys.  I do love my church and the pastor, but there are things that either dont sit well with me or are completely foreign.   I had zero boundaries or rules of any kind growing up.  So needless to say I balked against any authority in my life, nor did I have any standards or build character.   So for me I need to check,   and ask myself  is this the Word of God or is me , my flesh  pushing against this. .  I am not an authority on the bible,  so I appreciate all your help. 

12 minutes ago, Thief on the Cross said:

Thank you for your replys.  I do love my church and the pastor, but there are things that either dont sit well with me or are completely foreign.   I had zero boundaries or rules of any kind growing up.  So needless to say I balked against any authority in my life, nor did I have any standards or build character.   So for me I need to check,   and ask myself  is this the Word of God or is me , my flesh  pushing against this. .  I am not an authority on the bible,  so I appreciate all your help. 

I wish to commend that spirit of meekness and submission.

Please understand that my posting above was NOT intended as a direct attack against your pastor.  I do not know him.  Thus I would NOT seek to engage in attack against him.  However, my posting above WAS intended as an attack against a particular doctrinal position that I believe is Biblically false.  From that I am NOT stepping back.

2 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

I wish to commend that spirit of meekness and submission.

Please understand that my posting above was NOT intended as a direct attack against your pastor.  I do not know him.  Thus I would NOT seek to engage in attack against him.  However, my posting above WAS intended as an attack against a particular doctrinal position that I believe is Biblically false.  From that I am NOT stepping back.

Thank you , I did not see it as an attack,    I realize he is a man and may have some things he believes that may not be right.  As a married woman I also don't have the choice as to where I  attend church.  There are a few things I have found are off.   But I love them dearly.    Where do you draw the line and say thats enough? !   Of course again as woman I dont have that say.  I will pray about these things and hope the Lord will correct them.