• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bearing and Helping to Bear

• Members

A poignant article.  We're about to lose our home and get little help because some know-nothings spread lies that I'm lazy and not willing to work.  My health has been in a steady decline for years, little old ladies have more energy and stamina than I and my dear wife has had to bear the burden of supporting our family.  I do operate two small businesses from home but the physical aspects require the assistance of my children.  This those busy-bodies probably know nothing about.  When my wife was ill and hospitalized and had surgeries, the storehouse that the company generated, sustained us, God was and is good to us.  Now there's little left.  The difficulties we're in now make me physically ill and weak, diabetes is winning and my poor wife does her best to keep things from me.  I do not understand why these things make me ill, I've seen horror of horrors and was never phased by death and destruction until after marriage.  Missing so much time with the saints has not helped either; I cherish those days I'm able to attend church but they are getting fewer and further apart.  I hate it so.

• Members

I don't know how much time I have left in this world either -- and I look forward to dying. I feel like a child excited to go to Disneyland, except it's to the Father's house where there awaits a dwelling place for me. I wished I could have traded places with those who had passed before me . . . but that would be selfish on my part.  I live in the Bay Area here in California and the cost of living is through the roof. You would have to make a salary of at least $250,000 a year to buy a home. Most houses here are priced at over $1,000,000. It will only be a matter of time before a world leader comes on the scene to provide a "solution" to the world's economic crisis. Nowadays, most of the money isn't even worth the paper it's printed on.

God Bless!

Edited by (Omega)
letters left out

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, the Lord can provide if he wants someone to live in Kalifornia.  That state like most of the others is ripe for the gospel.  In our case, the Lord has provided abundantly to get our family into a new home.  And we have brand new beds!  How sweet it is to sleep on a new mattress and clean, dog free, sheets!