• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Activity of Demons

• Members

There are MANY who underestimate the charisma and deceptive influence of the devil and his loyal followers. One might ask how he is able to lead an army of billions to march to battle towards the rebuilt Jerusalem when Christ reigns for 1,000 years.

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: [for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord], as the waters cover the sea. And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. (Isaiah 11:9-10) 

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out [to deceive the nations] which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: [the number of whom is as the sand of the sea]. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:7-10)

Those who are born during the Millennium will still have the capacity to sin because they will be born as flesh and blood -- and NOT glorified bodies.  

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, [when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed]. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:13-15)

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9)  

Where are the demons during the 1,000 year reign of our LORD?

The issue of what happens to Satan's angelic followers during Christ's millennial rule is, I think, the real issue here. I think it would be beyond strange, with the devil incarcerated for that entire time period, and with the time meant to be one of the greatest blessing to mankind since the garden of Eden, if demons were allowed to run (or fly) free, causing all manner of trouble around the world.  For this and other reasons I have concluded that the demons share the devil's fate of being removed from the world during this time, and that they are not mentioned only because Satan is their head and therefore the only one who needs to be specifically mentioned. As to the devil's tactics, they always boil down to opposing God and His plan. But Satan is only  a creature, and he is a creature who has allowed his arrogance to completely corrupt his thinking at that ("Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness"; Ezek.28:17).  Everything that happens in the world only happens because God has plugged it into His perfect and all-encompassing master plan, so that it very often occurs that the devil and his minions are only helping God, even when they are striving might and main to oppose Him.

When our Lord is blasphemously accused by His enemies of throwing out demons in the power of the devil, He remarks, "And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?" (Matt.12:26). In my view, whenever fallen angels are described it is in this same sort of way. That is to say, scripture seems everywhere to take for granted that the demons are Satan's followers. It is also true that just as the elect angels are organized as and function according to a military hierarchy, so also the fallen angels are consistently described in these terms, suggesting strongly that the devil is their "commanding officer" Also, I know of no scripture that even hints at any demon ever doing anything to oppose Satan.  After all, they  are *his* angels:  

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: (Matthew 25:41) 

There are also fallen angels that are released DURING the the time of Jacob's Trouble to punish the wicked, and those who obey not the Gospel of Christ.

And the sixth angel sounded [his trumpet], and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates [in the Abyss]. (Revelation 9:13-14)

The "entry port" to the Abyss seems to be located near biblical Babylon and will become the dwelling place of demon-possessed birds and all forms of demonic entities. I can testify that there are in FACT demon-possessed birds that intentionally fly into my home at full force ONLY when I am praying or listening to a sermon -- and this is NOT by coincidence as there is not such thing as coincidence. I would REBUKE them in my prayers and in the name of Jesus. If a semi-trailer truck is coming at you at full force, there is nothing you can do on your own strength. However, if you were a police officer, you can command the semi-trailer truck to come to a full stop because you have *authority* to do so. The SAME applies with evil entities! We have AUTHORITY in the name of Jesus. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world? Yes? No?

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become [the habitation] of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. (Revelation 18:2)

Good news for those who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb because they will not have to go through these horrific events. I won't be there . . . will you?

God Bless!