• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Before the Fall and Dinosaurs

*Light*

• Members

I often wonder where the fossils of Dinosaurs came from. What was the crafty old serpent up to before the fall of man? There are many Hieroglyphs that depict images of "Chimeras" (e.g., a man with a bird's head). So why did the Egyptians carve these images? Did Chimeras exist? What I've written is just a theory and NOT a fact -- nor does it contain any biblical facts contained in Scripture. I am surmising on what could have been a possibility. Who constructed the pyramids, and when were they built?

There are many examples of this sort of thing in all ancient mythologies, but as far as I am aware no fossil evidence for anything of the kind. In Greek antiquity, dinosaur bones were known and they were generally thought to be those of mythical creatures. I have speculated that the devil and his followers were indeed involved in genetic manipulation of the fauna of the original earth before God judged the universe by plunging it into darkness and filling it completely with water. In my view, it is likely that all fossils stem from that period (whether that Satan and company would have been restricted from renewing this activity (and there is no evidence they were not so restricted). So this genetic altering and manipulation of reptiles, birds, mammals, marine life, etc., could be what resulted in:

• Sabre-toothed cats
  • Iguanodons
  • T-Rexes 
  • Plesiosaurias (safe from the flood due to it being a marine reptile)
  • Pterodactyls

The pattern seems to be that God will sometimes temporarily allow this sort of outrage on a large scale once but not again (i.e., to prove what is the hearts of those involved). This is how depraved the old serpent and his followers are. Take a look at those genetically altered creatures . . . they literally look like MONSTERS; and I would not be the least surprised if they are still doing this today -- even with plant life and human beings. It may be probable also that the ten kings of Revelation may be genetically enhanced humans). The flood was meant to destroy mankind; the loss of most animal life was collateral damage (or "cursing by association"). Finally, what I know of Egyptian civilization suggests that these massive monuments (Pyramids) are all post-flood, and the Bible certainly implies that the building of a similar structure at Babel after the flood was a unique enterprise. All the following examples of this sort of thing in Babylonia, Egypt, Central America or wherever are only imitations of what Nimrod tried to accomplish at Satan's behest.

God Bless!

• Administrators

Some, like the man with a bird's head are straight out of Egyptian mythology. They never actually existed except in the fertile minds of Pagan religions. The representation of a man with a bird's head was named Thoth.

From Google:   Thoth is the Egyptian god of writing, magic, wisdom, and the moon. He was one of the most important gods of ancient Egypt alternately said to be self-created or born of the seed of Horus from the forehead of Set.

• Members

The following is my personal belief concerning dinosaurs, I can not prove my belief with the Bible or with history.

I believe God created the dinosaurs along with all the other animals, and called them "good", just as He did with the other animals of His creation, pre-fall. The fall of man is what changed some of them, just as lions, bears, alligators, etc changed. I don't believe this change made the animals "monsters", they're just predatory animals. In the pre-flood environment of the earth, I believe they thrived and did well, however, the environment changed after the flood, as evidenced by the shorter life span of humans. I believe this change of environment killed off the ones that Noah had saved on the ark. 

I believe that the half-human, half-animal false gods of various cultures came solely from their imaginations, not based on a reality of any kind.  Do a key word search of the Bible for the word "imagination", almost every instance is negative, followed by wicked or evil. The very first usage comes in Genesis 6:5 - "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." 

I also think the majority of pictures we see depicting dinosaurs is more than likely false. No one knows what they really looked like, the artists are just giving their best guesses. Some of these are educated guesses as talented artists who understand anatomy can "rebuild" an animal from its skeleton outward. However, even these educated guesses may not be 100% accurate. This can result in some of the dinosaurs looking more "monstrous" than they were in reality. ((as an interesting side note, there was a case of a forensic scientist who was given a human skull and asked to "rebuild" it, so they could see the face. No one knew who the skull had belonged to. The scientist rebuilt it, and came up with a face. It turned out that the face he had created was surprisingly close to the woman the skull belonged to, and they were able to solve the case. This scientist had the benefit of understanding human anatomy very well, and knew the skull belonged to a modern human woman before he even started the reconstruction.)) 

Scientists/farmers/ranchers/breeders are indeed genetically modifying foods, pets, and working animals,  it's really interesting to see the differences in various plants we eat now compared to just a few hundred years ago. The majority of these genetic changes are not evil in their origins, but to benefit mankind. Look up the differences of watermelons, corn, chickens,  cows, horses, etc. It's interesting. 

• Members

Thank you for your reply, Rebecca. Some have suggested that the "Leviathan" mentioned in scripture can be a reference to a Dinosaur. I really do not know for certain. I just thought that this would be a fun topic to discuss because without being contentious. But there can be no doubt that there will be some bizarre creatures that are an amalgamation of several different life forms. Of course, they will be the minions of Satan.

The Bible mentions demonic locusts  in Revelation 9 that come out of the bottomless pit. Here are the appearance of these demonic locusts: 

In appearance the locusts were like horses prepared for battle: on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle. They have tails and stings like scorpions, and their power to hurt people for five months is in their tails. They have as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit. His name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek he is called Apollyon. (Revelation 9:7-11)

These are NOT helicpoters as some have suggested; these are CLEARLY literal creatures that are possessed by demons coming out of the abyss. I also do NOT believe that these creatures are "symbolic" in any way. The plagues mentioned are similar to that of the plagues in Exodus -- only intensified by the Wrath of Almighty God.

God Bless!

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Some, like the man with a bird's head are straight out of Egyptian mythology. They never actually existed except in the fertile minds of Pagan religions. The representation of a man with a bird's head was named Thoth.

From Google:   Thoth is the Egyptian god of writing, magic, wisdom, and the moon. He was one of the most important gods of ancient Egypt alternately said to be self-created or born of the seed of Horus from the forehead of Set.

I find it amusing that none of these "gods" had the courage to stand up to the one TRUE God who had sent the plagues. :) 

• Members

It is possible that the Leviathan and Behemoth mentioned in the Bible were dinosaurs, based on the descriptions. However, I will not say with 100% certainty that they were, it's just an interesting thought that maybe they were. 

I do agree about the locusts in Revelation, I think they will be real creatures that have never been seen on earth before, appearing only that one time. They will be true demonic monsters, and I'm glad I won't be there to see them.