Online Baptist

What are the signs of the end times?(Also, thank you Brother Stafford!

Guest Brandon

Question

What are the signs of the end times, and what should I look out for? I heard that Jesus and the Anti-Christ come into the earth disguised or something. I’m very uneducated about this topic.

(Thank you Brother Stafford for telling my about my fear, I appreciate it very much!)

3 answers to this question

I believe the next eschatological event on God's calendar will either be the Jews' building a new temple in Jerusalem, or the "beast/antichrist" coming to power. I believe those 2 events will be close together, so the beast can commit the "abomination of desolation" in the new temple. So, if you see a charismatic, super-popular man becoming a world figure & growing in power every day, look up for "your redemption draweth nigh." The rapture will be shortly before or shortly after the beast commits the AOD, before the great trib begins. The beast will have an explanation for the disappearance of millions of people, which the world will believe.

Edited by robycop3
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Hello again, Brandon.  

The study of the end times is called "eschatology," and is a very interesting thing to study, but there are many opposing views out there that can be confusing or even overwhelming to the believer who is just becoming acquainted with the subject.  Many hundreds (if not thousands) of books have been written on the subject; some containing good teaching and others containing very false teachings.

What I recommend to everyone, when they are curious about scriptural things, is to first read those parts of the Bible yourself, several times and see what you can understand yourself, with the help of the Holy Spirit.  

(John 14:26) "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

I cannot stress how important reading Scripture yourself is.  I even read it out loud as much as possible.  Actually hearing the words of God spoken aloud as I read has increased my retention, understanding and faith a great deal.

Then, when you find that you need help understanding (and we all do), seek out good, biblically sound, trustworthy sources of commentaries that will help you understand specific parts of scripture better.

Brother David Cloud (Way of Life Literature) is one of the most trustworthy sources I have been able to find.  He has written a book called, "The Future According to the Bible," which deals with a great deal of end time prophesies.  He has made a smaller book, which contains selections from the book I just mentioned, which is available for free.  He has also written a good article that may be of help to you called, "Date Setting and Sign Looking."

Another good source of help is an audio teaching series called, "Through the Bible," by J. Vernon McGee." He goes through the entire Bible and explains quite a bit.  You can download just the parts you want or the entire thing for free at the link provided above.

David Cloud also has a VERY helpful book called, "The Way of Life Encyclopedia of The Bible and Christianity." I HIGHLY recommend it.  Also, a very helpful book is, "Willmington's Guide to the Bible."

While every part of God's word is holy and helpful...

(2 Timothy 3:16) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

...many people have allowed themselves to become obsessed with end times studies and sometimes neglect the reading, understanding and sharing of the Gospel.  So, enjoy learning about every aspect of God's word, but just take care not to get caught up in certain aspects.

I hope this helps, my friend.

Edited by Brother Stafford
Fixed type-o