• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What are the signs of the end times? (Thank you Brother Stafford!)

Guest Brandon

I’m still not completely filled in on the end times. What will be the signs of it and if it happens in my lifetime what do I look out for?(Demons, Anti-Christ, Jesus.)

• Members

I will forego giving you any particular 'signs' of the end times.

But, I will give you a passage of scripture that the Apostle gives us to show us a preview of the 'perilous' times that we live in.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, false accusers; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." 2 Timothy 3:1-4

"lovers of their own selves" would include the narcissism attitude of President Clinton, Obama, and many, many others in our world today.

"covetous" would include the inspirational preachers, the Charismatic preachers, and many other men, and women, in the ministry for wealth and fame.

"blasphemers." If a person would search the scriptures very carefully, starting from the Kings of Israel to the multitude of reprobates, heretics, internet theologians, and many others in our age, "blasphemy" includes false doctrine. From the Old Testament to the New Testament, blasphemy includes false doctrine. In our age, as in no other, every doctrine in the scriptures is being questioned, changed, and twisted by multitudes of men and women.

""without natural affection." Is not the wilful death, abortion, of ones child 'without natural affection?'

"false accusers." Check out any newspaper, in any country, for an example.

"incontinent." The meaning of 'incontinent' is: lacking self restraint, not under control. Our churches are filled with saints and sinners who lack self-restraint in their clothing, their character, their filthy mouth, their slanders against the pastor, their ungodly music (called CCM), multiple marriages, and a lack of personal integrity and character.  We are living in the day of age of where even the saints (much less the sinner), and some pastors in the Contemporary Movement, cannot even dress decently and modestly in church.

"lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God." The church is filled with saints and sinners who love the pleasures of this world more than God. In fact, if you checked out the stadiums of the world on any given Sunday, you will probably find many of the church members filing the stands  of the stadium instead of filling the pew at church.

We are living in the perilous time that the Apostle Paul spoke of.

Edited by Alan
grammar added 'abortion'