• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

BEING 100% RIGHT WITH GOD

• Members

I was reminded this morning, of how rare it is, to be totally right with God; Because as a committed Christian, the Lord may continue to “daily” speak to your heart, with instructions and directions, even if you have things wrong in your life.

I realized this as I was praying for a fellow Christian, who is in clear disobedience to the Lord in some areas of their life; But at the same time, I am convinced they are receiving instructions and guidance from the LORD.

This caused me to be very concerned, about my own walk with the LORD.  Because, maybe I have some clear disobedience in my life, but I am unaware of it, because I am so busy following God’s daily instructions in the ministry, that I have stopped examining myself.

Then I must consider, that this person that I am talking about, is in almost constant pain from one ailment or another.  And as soon as one painful condition clears up, another one popes up.  For sure, this PAIN, could be the Lord, trying to get their attention.  While in my case, I live almost a “pain free” life(PRAISE THE LORD).  And the moments that I ever do experience pain, I QUICKLY go to the Lord and ask Him to deliver me from it and He seems to always quickly touch and heal my body.

Note: This was originally a personal note I was leaving for myself, but after reading it over a few times, I realized that it should be shared here; Because maybe I am missing something.

• Members

Right after posting this OP, I remembered about “grieving the Holy Spirit”: There are some sins, that will cause the Lord to stop speaking to you.....
“And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30)

And there are some sins, that will stop the Lord from hearing your prayer....
“If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear [me]:” (Psalms 66:18)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I tell people all the time, that “I am a dirt rotten sinner and I deserve to go to hell, but I am not going to hell, because Jesus has paid my sin dept!”

But Jesus said...,
“If thy whole body therefore [be] full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.” (Luke 11:36)

When I talk about being “100% right with God”, I am talking about “having no unconfessed sin in my life”.
For sure, the Bible says that none of us can ever be “sin free” in this life....
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8).
But, the state of “having no unconfessed sin”, is one where we have repented of every “known sin” in our life and at that moment in time, we are “100% right with God”!  Even though we still have sin in our life, the LORD had not revealed it to us yet!

Our mission, if we choose to accept it(and it is not impossible), is to keep dealing with our sin, day by day, as the Lord revels them to us, so that we can maintain a life filled with light.

For sure, we will still have sin in our life(that we don’t know about), but when God reveals it to us, then we can deal with it!

--------------------------------------------------

With all that said, the point of my OP, is I know individuals who are saved, but appear to not be dealing with their sin!  YET THE LORD IS STILL BLESSING THEM WITH AN APPARENT CLOSE WALK WITH HIM!?!?
Therefore my OP talks of my concern about my own closeness to the LORD:
That is, “If the Lord is going to continue to speak to me and answer my prayers and bless me, even if I am in disobedience, than HOW CAN I BE AWARE OF MY OWN SIN?”  I would prefer, that the LORD drop a ton of bricks on my head, to get my attention!

Then, I realized the answer!
The answer lies in “GOD MERCY”!
These other people, may know full well about the sin in their lives and choosing to overlook them: While our loving merciful heavenly Father, continues to bless them.

I need to mind my own business and stop concerning myself with the sins, that other people seem to be getting away with.

• Members

But this continues....
“For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:” (Romans 7:22)

This is what it means to be “born again”!
We have been changed on the inside, to the point that WE DO NOT WANT TO SIN.

Therefore, “IF” a Christian, asks the LORD to help him to “hate sin, as much as He does”, and if God answers that prayer, than..... That Christian can repent to the point, where he “has no unconfessed sin in his life”!

This is not SINLESS PERFECTION!  As I said above, we are all sinners and will always be sinners, as long as we are in this body!
But, “IF” we quickly repent of every sin, that God reveals to us, praise the Lord we can be 100% right with God!
------------------------
OH, by the way, this big “IF”, is the same if that is in 2 Chronicles 7:14....
“IF” my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

• Members
1 hour ago, Donald said:

But this continues....
“For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:” (Romans 7:22)

This is what it means to be “born again”!
We have been changed on the inside, to the point that WE DO NOT WANT TO SIN.

Therefore, “IF” a Christian, asks the LORD to help him to “hate sin, as much as He does”, and if God answers that prayer, than..... That Christian can repent to the point, where he “has no unconfessed sin in his life”!

This is not SINLESS PERFECTION!  As I said above, we are all sinners and will always be sinners, as long as we are in this body!
But, “IF” we quickly repent of every sin, that God reveals to us, praise the Lord we can be 100% right with God!
------------------------
OH, by the way, this big “IF”, is the same if that is in 2 Chronicles 7:14....
“IF” my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

2 Chronicles 7:14....

i love this verse thanks for the reminder.

Edited by Doc Flay