• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Guest Brandon

I’m scared

Guest Brandon

I’ve been thinking about death lately and I think Its wrong. I’m afraid to die. I just lie and think “Does god exist?” I believe it’s just I end up questioning it so much. When I do get over it I get struck with will I go to hell? I live a tight life and I don’t have much time to go to church and I think that makes me ineligible for heaven. I’m only 14 but sometimes I curse and lie. I try to stop doing these things but I feel like god is disappointed in me. I cover up my feelings about death and act cool but I end up crying late at night. I’m so scared.

Hello Brandon,

I used to have doubts about God's existence too.  The thing that used to bring me back was thinking that, if God didn't exist, then that means that all of the wonder and complexity of life and the universe had to have happened by countless unplanned mistakes, and that seemed absolutely impossible to me.  So, I thought that God exists because it's not possible for Him not to exist.

The Bible tells us who God is, how He made things, how we broke from His original plan, the consequences of that and how He fixes the problem for us.  Christianity is the only religion that says that we can't achieve salvation by trying to live as perfectly as possible and by doing good deeds.  We are all sinners and sin, even one sin, causes us to be deserving of Hell.  Did you know that the Apostle Paul considered himself to be the worst sinner of all? 

(1 Timothy 1:15) "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

Before Paul was an Apostle, who loved Christ and taught others about Him, his name was Saul and he used to hunt and kill the early Christians, but Jesus even offered him salvation.

I still sin and everyone here on this forum still sins.  Even the people you admire most still sin; you're not the only one.  The only person who has never sinned is Jesus Christ, God's only Son.  The only thing that can save us is believing on Him and repenting.

(Romans 6:23) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

(John 3:18)He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

(John 3:36) "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

(John 3:16-17)For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

(1 John 1:9) "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

(Acts 3:19) "¶ Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;"

Brandon, you are thinking about the right sorts of things.  We are all only here for a very short period of time and then we will be in another place for all eternity.  It's pretty important to know where we will go and it sounds like you already have an idea of how important that is.

If you haven't yet, trust in Jesus Christ to save you from your sins and follow Him.  Get yourself a King James Version of the Bible.  You don't have to spend a lot of money on one.  Many dollar stores have them for a dollar or two.  They have free KJV apps for your phone and free ones online.  Some of the words may sound unfamiliar to you, but a dictionary helps you learn them quickly.  I use Webster's 1828 Dictionary.  I have a printed version, but you can find it online or download it as an app on your phone.  With the KJV, you get to learn strange old words like, peradventure, churl and ouches!

Ask as many questions here as you like and, if you tell us your city (not your address though, never give your address online), we may be able to locate a good church for you to look into and ask questions there too.

I'm glad you came here and shared your fears with us.  Jesus can take those fears away.