• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Living Fountains of Waters

• Members

I heard a sermon where a bible teacher said that there is NO "learning" in Heaven since we will all be perfected. I don't know where in the bible he gets the idea that there is no learning or being taught by God and of the Lamb. I am quite sure that the angels do not know everything; so it makes no sense that we will have ALL knowledge acquired once we are in the glorified state.

The symbolism of water is used in the bible in many ways (Isa. 12:3; 44:3; 49:10; 55:1; 58:11; Ezek. 36:25; 47:1-12; Jer. 2:13; 17:13; Ps. 42:1-2; Prov. 5:15-20; Sos. 4:15; Zech. 13:1; 14:8; Jn. 4:10, 7:37-38; 13-15; 7:38; 1 Cor. 10:4; Eph. 5:26; Rev. 7:16-17; 21:6,17; 22:1,14, 17) -- and some have suggested that "living waters" refers to Jesus or the Holy Spirit. That is one of several ways we can understand it -- to be illuminated by the Spirit. We are told that the saints are "led" to fountains of living waters (Rev. 7:17). It seems to me that in this context it may refer to "spiritual knowledge" and "wisdom" from God that is yet to be revealed in the Eternal state.

On water meaning truth and the relationship with the Spirit, since the Spirit is the One who teaches us the truth and uses the truth we have learned and believed to guide us, the two are nearly inextricable for practical purposes and sometimes expressed that way in scripture:

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" (John 7:38-39)
For the earth shall be filled with [the knowledge of the glory of the Lord], as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14)

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall [LEAD THEM unto living fountains of waters]: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. (Revelation 7:17) 

It would take at least several millennia to acquire a small portion of the knowledge found here on Earth. The New Jerusalem will be the Capital city of the new and Infinite Universe in which we will be able to access for all of Eternity. Oh the unfathomable glories and heavenly treasures which awaits all who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life -- and those who truly love the Lord in deed, and with ALL their hearts.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Revelation 21:25-27)

God Bless!