• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jesus' Doxology

• Members

At that time Jesus answered and said, [I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth], because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. (Matthew 11:25)

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto [my Father, and your Father]; and to [my God, and your God]. (John 20:17)

How can God have a God? Why did Jesus refer to His Father as His God if there is only ONE God? 

Jesus is BOTH God and man (Jn. 1:1; 8:58; 20:28; Rom. 1:2-4; Phil. 2:6; Tit. 2:13; 1 Jn. 4:2-3; etc. -- "the Hypostatic Union") -- and in His humanity praised His Father in heaven as "His" God.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, AND BE THEIR GOD. (Revelation 21:3)

When we praise God and worship Him for all of Eternity . . . we will GLORIFY and PRAISE Him to the Highest!!!

Not as our Prince.

Not as our King.

Not as our Ruler

But AS [OUR GOD].

Jesus, as BOTH man and God, extolled His Father to the HIGHEST title of praise -- (His God). Why would He call His Father anything less? And as the Greatest act of Humility, and to "fulfill all righteousness" as a man (Isa. 53; Matt. 3:13-15; 11:29; Mk. 10:45 cf. Jn. 12:12-16; 13:3-7; 20:17; Phil. 2:5-11) -- He referred to His Father as His Father and His God; just as we (as humans) also refer to Him as our Father and our God.

And there shall be no more curse: but [the throne of God and of the Lamb] shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And [they shall see HIS face]; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 22:3-5)

Believest thou not that [I am in the Father and the Father in me?] the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (John 14:10)

Who alone hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom [no man hath seen, nor can see]: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen (1 Timothy 6:16)

There is but ONE THRONE ("the" throne; definite article [kai ho thronos] -- nominative singular masculine). There will not be two faces of God ("HIS" face; definite article [pros-opon] -- countenance, essence) on that One Throne; but there will be the One BEING of God (1 Cor. 15:28 as God "all in all") in ALL His Shekinah Glory . . . and His face will be seen in the person of Christ OUR Lord. Even in Eternity, both the Father and the Son will Glorify each other as HE rules over all forever and ever.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. (Revelation 5:13)

God Bless!!!

• Members

I just want to add a side note regarding false forms of worship:

We all know that Satan is the complete opposite of God and His attributes. Satan even has a counterfeit form of worship known as "slain in the spirit" where "believers" fall BACKWARDS -- and at times on the floor. A former Charismatic friend of mine was one of those who caught those falling backwards (slain in the spirit) and his pants completely ripped in half at the buttocks area. Needless to say, he never returned to that church again! Is this the biblical form of worship? What does the bible say? 

And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne [on their faces], and worshiped God. (Revelation 7:11)

There are MANY examples of this form of prostration found in the bible (Gen. 17:3; Lev. 9:24; 1 Sam. 5:3; 1 Kings 18:39; Num. 20:6; Ezek. 1:28; Neh. 8:6; Josh. 5:14; 7:6; 1 Chron. 21:16; Matt. 17:6; Rev. 7:11, etc.)

This is the complete opposite of falling "backwards" in the "slain in the spirit" nonsense of Charismatic churches and the ilk. This is a form of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. I wouldn't be surprised if men and women fall backwards as "Benny Hinn" waves his stinking coat because of the foul Satanic odor emanating from it. The word "Gehenna" is another title for "hell" or the Lake of Fire. The word "Gehenna" in the Hebrew is translated as "Ben Hinnom" -- and it is an "unclean" place where "trash" was thrown to be burned. Ok, that's it! :)

God Bless!