• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor's wife with cancer

• Members

A friend of mine, a Pastor in a town in New South Wales, his wife had cancer a while back. They dealt with it and all seemed good, but it has returned and it doesn't look good this time.

Please pray for Margarete and her husband Richard. 

Faithful servants of the Lord.

• Members

It turns out that she has tumors in her lungs and brain, and it is definitely terminal. Don't know how long, but not very. Long time friends of ours and faithful servants for more than 30 years. Marg is being sedated now. Pray for them both - Richard will miss her terribly when she is with the Lord.

• Members

I don't know if there will be any updates along the way - I suspect the next I hear will be about the funeral.

This seems to have come on rapidly this time, and multiple sites means there is little can be done. Our God is a great and mighty God, but it looks (from our side) like he has decided to bring her home.

Richard has appointed an associate pastor at that church just a few weeks ago - only a small church but he was planning for the future. So he has someone to help out while he is looking after Marg. The Lord knows.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, DaveW said:

I don't know if there will be any updates along the way - I suspect the next I hear will be about the funeral.

This seems to have come on rapidly this time, and multiple sites means there is little can be done. Our God is a great and mighty God, but it looks (from our side) like he has decided to bring her home.

It is very common for returning cancer to be extremely aggressive and appear in parts of the body than it was originally in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, DaveW said:

Margarete is now with the Lord.

Please keep Pastor Richard in prayer.

Only about three weeks from diagnosis.

Oh, Dave. My heart breaks for her husband and those who love her. I'm so thankful that they can know without doubt that she is in Glory, out of pain and healed completely. Will be praying for Bro. Richard as well as the church.