• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I haven' studied it out much but I believe the accepted father was Simon the leper of Bethany. It was at Simon's house that Christ publicly rebuked Judas about the Alabaster ointment and it was there where Judas decided to find a way to betray Christ.

• Members

I'd looked to find my notebook that learned a few Wednesday nite studies not long ago at beginnin of summer lesson 

Simon was a common name in the Bible.

Judas' father was a different Simon not related to Simon Peter.

When they called him Judas son of Simon they were just clarifying which Judas they were talkin about because Judas was a common name.

Peter and Andrew are brothers.

Simon Peter main name was Simon, in Matthew 10:2 it says "Simon who is called Peter"

I hope that helps, but Simon Peter and Judas were not related

• 3 months later...
  • Members

The Bible tells us that he is the son of perdition, that when he died he went to his own place, and Jesus said he was a devil.

This has led some to conjecture that Judas is the son of Satan in the sense that Jesus is the Son of God, and that a resurrected Judas will be the Antichrist during the Tribulation.

Kind of sounded plausible when Bill Bartlett preached that to us in chapel a couple of decades ago.