• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You and I, Lost persons, Catholic Pedophilia

• Members

Hopefully you are aware of more recent disclosures of the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) and priestly child sex abuse in Pennsylvania. This is another in the ever growing list of sexual abuses within Catholicism and their priesthood.   

You see, you and I, WE are Christianity as far as many in the secular world are concerned. The lost may not differentiate between Baptists, Protestants, and Roman Catholics. As far as secularists and Christ deniers are concerned we are all Christians. The media doesn't help, portraying the Pope as the leader and head of world Christianity. 

I may be way off base but I have some concern over how the lost may receive my testimony and witness for Christ as a result of these RCC atrocities.

On the other hand, I may have greater opportunity to witness to Catholics who need Bible answers over their failing church traditions.

• Members
On 8/18/2018 at 4:47 PM, Thief on the Cross said:

Its true that many lump all "religious " people together.  My sister won't step foot in a church , her reason is they are full of child molesters.   Its an excuse really, but one the world has made available to use.  

Catholicism is a sham and there are child molesters even in some independent baptist churches. Whether your sister realizes it or not, by condemning sin in others she is acknowledging that true righteousness does exist. So there is hope. She will have to realize her OWN unrighteousness and that true righteousness can only be found in Jesus Christ. 

• Members

Religion is the following of mandates as established by a hierarchy of men in their respective organizations..., such as the Catholic Church.   Christianity on the other hand is following the teachings of Jesus.   If you ask ANY of those in the various 'religions' of the world they will tell you that yes, they are following the teachings of Jesus but in truth, only to the point it tickles their ears. 

Not long ago a person asked me what religion I was.  I told him I didn't have a religion.  He then asked me if I was an atheist or an agnostic at which time I said, “No, neither. I am a Born Again Christian.” Upon hearing this he said, “Well then, you have a religion!”  I again said that no, I was not in a religion but rather, as a Born Again Christian my goal was to adhere to the teaching of Christ.  The conversation soon ended.  

The Catholic religion; the Mormon religion; the Jehovah Witness religion; et.al.  In fact, one can become 'religious' over a 1957 rebuilt Chevy Belair Convertible.  

• Members

I grew up in the Catholic religion, and I asked someone what there religion was and they said Christian and my response was "oh, that's all religions combined, right? When presented with the invitation at a baptist church that I was invited to, my response was, oh I don't need to do that, my thinking was receiving a wafer and not Christ himself. Perhaps, the Catholic parishioners are ignorant of the truth. I certainty was . A couple of years ago I reach out to a catholic in my family with the Gospel and his response to the notion of being born again was, my priest says that's a protestant doctrine. Then I showed him from his Catholic Bible and it said he must be born again, and he still refused it.   

• Members

I have known Catholics and Nazarenes who began attending our church, made professions of faith and were baptized and went back to their old sects.  When asked, they said they wanted cover all bases to make sure they got into heaven.  I and others explained in vain that there was nothing they could do to get into heaven by being members of this church or that, or being "saved" this way or that way.  Terribly sad.  

• Members

It is just as Paul, whose heart went out to his brethren still under the law, the Catholic clings to his teachings rather than the truth of the Gospel. All of my family are under the bondage of these false doctrines and refuse to veer clear of them. They say they don't know if they are going to heaven or hell when they die; they say I hope that my good works out weigh the bad, but when given the gospel again, they say I was baptized a Catholic as a baby and that should be good enough. Satan has certainly capture them at his own will. 

• Members
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Doc Flay said:

I grew up in the Catholic religion, and I asked someone what there religion was and they said Christian and my response was "oh, that's all religions combined, right? When presented with the invitation at a baptist church that I was invited to, my response was, oh I don't need to do that, my thinking was receiving a wafer and not Christ himself. Perhaps, the Catholic parishioners are ignorant of the truth. I certainty was . A couple of years ago I reach out to a catholic in my family with the Gospel and his response to the notion of being born again was, my priest says that's a protestant doctrine. Then I showed him from his Catholic Bible and it said he must be born again, and he still refused it.   

Sad, keep looking for a door to witness more. Using the scripture, Amen!

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, swathdiver said:

I have known Catholics and Nazarenes who began attending our church, made professions of faith and were baptized and went back to their old sects.  When asked, they said they wanted cover all bases to make sure they got into heaven.  I and others explained in vain that there was nothing they could do to get into heaven by being members of this church or that, or being "saved" this way or that way.  Terribly sad.  

Sad indeed.

• Members

Came across two waitresses who are sisters at breakfast yesterday with Brother Karnes.  They were raised and taken to church by a strict aunt who made them dress modestly in long dresses and skirts, both gave a sound testimony of salvation and believer's baptism in a sound New Testament baptist church but both are too busy working double shifts on Sundays to attend church.  Same with a 3rd lady at this fine restaurant.  Both sisters at varying times have said they get their churchin' through prayin' at night before bed.  Poor things have broken the 1st and 2nd commandment among others and don't even know it.  

We share scripture with them when they have ears to hear, the older sister goes to the latest fad church in our area, Christ Fellowship.  They are in our prayers, maybe you can pray for Stacey, Krystal and Donna too.

• 2 years later...
  • Members
On 8/18/2018 at 4:47 PM, Thief on the Cross said:

Its true that many lump all "religious " people together.  My sister won't step foot in a church , her reason is they are full of child molesters.   Its an excuse really, but one the world has made available to use.  

It may be safer, better,  leading to Salvation Experience and Fellowship more, 

to stay out of churches that people know of.    For some years now,  I have found a lot more helpful conversations (fellowship?) outside of churches,  and only opposition to truth,  opposed to Jesus, inside of churches I've been to while seeking a faithful church.  The people in the false churches wholeheartedly believe (it seems) that they are right and have the right way (a way that seems right to man).

The truth is rare,  true fellowship is uncommon,  as it seems more like the days of Noah as written of the end time we live in.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:06 PM, Doc Flay said:

I grew up in the Catholic religion, and I asked someone what there religion was and they said Christian and my response was "oh, that's all religions combined, right?

This is a very very common (in darkness) way of believing in the world in most churches worldwide and in the usa.    

Some (or many) people I meet have said they have no enemies - just get along with everyone -  not realizing they are still lost and living in darkness.

Jesus Himself says if ANYONE will seek God's Kingdom, to live as God Directs, 

they will suffer persecution (from others).  Not optional to be friends with everyone.

As also written in KJV,   whoever is a friend of the world, CANNOT be a friend of God.