• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Salvation after the rapture.

• Members

I was wondering what the veiws are as far as salvation after the rapture goes.    I guess I was a bit to influenced by the "left behind" movies.  Will people have to work for their salvation after the rapture?   All of my family members are lost , so this troubles me.    I realize this question may seem silly for someone who has been saved for 14 yrs.  I thought I knew the answer to this but have been hearing different things in past few years.   Thank you. 

• Members

I thank you Alan.  This is what I have believed from the bible.  Unfortunately its being taught that salvation in the OT was works plus grace and after the rapture itcwill return to this.    Verses like enduring to the end are used to support this.    I admit that I have becone very confused in many areas over the past few years.  The truth is the teaching becomes so confusing you have no idea whats Going on.     I had never heard of so many dispensations some changing in the same chapter.   

• Members

I understand. I have read numerous books on how that during the Tribulation Period that the people are saved by works. That is an incorrect doctrine. The Charismatics, and unfortunately, some Fundamentalists, have twisted the scriptures and are confusing many saints in this matter.

The book of Romans is very clear that salvation unto righteousness, in any dispensation, is imputed by grace through faith: Romans 4:1-8 is a quotation from Psalm 32:1 & 2; Galatians 3:6-9 (and the rest of Galatians 3), make it very clear that salvation, righteousness, is imputed by grace through faith.

• Members

Great Name... theif, so allow me to answer or attempt to answer, even though I amjust a Christian rather than a certified Baptist.

Left behind series is a pre tribualtion rapture series with that prophetic interpretation.. and so maybe that is where your confusion comes from.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:15 PM, Thief on the Cross said:

I was wondering what the veiws are as far as salvation after the rapture goes.    I guess I was a bit to influenced by the "left behind" movies.  Will people have to work for their salvation after the rapture?   All of my family members are lost , so this troubles me.    I realize this question may seem silly for someone who has been saved for 14 yrs.  I thought I knew the answer to this but have been hearing different things in past few years.   Thank you. 

For I would say from scriptures, all get saved at the Lords SECOND COMING, whether they worked and served HIM or did nothing and just went to HIM because Jesus saved them and not they themselves.. Because the good old Baptist belief that theres eternal security when we receive Jesus applies. Its not by works but by His saving Grace and sacrifice on the cross for us ,,,,,all, even the theif on the cross who didnt have time to do good works for the Lord, and yet still was promised and received ETERNAL LIFE and will be seeing His Saviour afterwards.

As for your family, even though endangering my stay here with an answer. I am compiled to give you one because of the Lords concern for you and THEM.

Ill just say the

LORDS MERCY endureth FOREVER

Its a truth

The Lord is longsuffering to uswards, not willing that any should... LOOK that one up at Bible Gateway KJV

IE, The place opposite heaven..... is not intended for those that go there to be permanent place forever, but can be temporary, as the Lord loves your family, each and every individual..... and if people are humble and learn their lesson in time, the GOOD BOOK seems to indicate they will not stay there, because the Lords MERCY endureth forever.... whether for the first or the LAST ..

IMO

And I shall not try to convince people otherwise who insist that unbelievers go to that place FOREVER. Some may have to stay there forever\m but the humble and those that receive His LOVE can come out of the pit......

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Davidjayjordan said:

IE, The place opposite heaven..... is not intended for those that go there to be permanent place forever, but can be temporary, as the Lord loves your family, each and every individual..... and if people are humble and learn their lesson in time, the GOOD BOOK seems to indicate they will not stay there, because the Lords MERCY endureth forever.... whether for the first or the LAST ..

IMO

And I shall not try to convince people otherwise who insist that unbelievers go to that place FOREVER. Some may have to stay there forever\m but the humble and those that receive His LOVE can come out of the pit......

This is just plain false.

Matthew 25:46
2 Thessalonians 1:9
Revelation 14:11
Revelation 20:10
Revelation 21:8

• Members
47 minutes ago, Davidjayjordan said:

Great Name... theif, so allow me to answer or attempt to answer, even though I amjust a Christian rather than a certified Baptist.

Left behind series is a pre tribualtion rapture series with that prophetic interpretation.. and so maybe that is where your confusion comes from.

For I would say from scriptures, all get saved at the Lords SECOND COMING, whether they worked and served HIM or did nothing and just went to HIM because Jesus saved them and not they themselves.. Because the good old Baptist belief that theres eternal security when we receive Jesus applies. Its not by works but by His saving Grace and sacrifice on the cross for us ,,,,,all, even the theif on the cross who didnt have time to do good works for the Lord, and yet still was promised and received ETERNAL LIFE and will be seeing His Saviour afterwards.

As for your family, even though endangering my stay here with an answer. I am compiled to give you one because of the Lords concern for you and THEM.

Ill just say the

LORDS MERCY endureth FOREVER

Its a truth

The Lord is longsuffering to uswards, not willing that any should... LOOK that one up at Bible Gateway KJV

IMO

Hi Davidjayjordan.   Are you a conditionlist/annihilationalist. ?  I looked into some of that early on as it seemed appealing when all of my family is unsaved.   It didnt stand up to scripture though.   But Thank you for your reply.  

• 5 months later...
  • Members
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, Thief on the Cross said:

My understanding is that all of those who heard the gospel before it happens will be unable to respond, as they are under that deluding spirit God will send unto them after the Church exits, but those who have not yet heard will be able to respond, as John saw a great multitude in heaven who came right out from the tribulation, so their will still be mass salvation...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I would clarify what is said above by stating this: those who have heard and understood and rejected the Gospel will not be able to be saved after the rapture. I’m sure there are people who somewhere along the way had the Gospel presented to them but did not understand it - and I believe those people still have an opportunity to be saved after the rapture. Did all of us get saved the first time we heard the Gospel being presented to us? (Of course, there are many who do receive Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross when it is clearly presented to them.)

Mention was made to verses about enduring to the end to be saved. The word saved means deliverance. The context isn’t always talking about being saved from sin or from Hell. For example, “I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so shall I be saved from mine enemies.” The context determines what is in view. At least some of those “endure to the end” passages are referring to those fleeing for their lives during the end time persecutions and judgements. If the Lord will purge out the rebellious jews in the wilderness (and save the believing remnant), He will surely protect the true believer walking by faith and obedience during that same time of trouble (unless and until it is His will for them to die a martyr’s death). Hope that made sense.

I hate posting what I believe the Bible says without the verses to back it up, but my ipad is not very Bible-search-friendly, and I don’t always remember the verses offhand. Oh for those days when I had my computer with Swordsearcher on it!

• Members

Jerry,

Your position is based on a false interpretation of 2 Thessalonians.

The passage is clearly dealing with the midpoint of the Tribulation and those who have taken the mark of the beast. Those who take the mark. God will send a strong delusion and they will not be able to be saved. Unfortunately many want to scare people into getting saved. 

• Members

It seems like you are saying the same thing! If people hear the gospel before the tribulation period and reject it, if they are still here after the rapture God causes them to believe a lie and they receive the antichrist and his mark.