• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

2 Olive Branches 2 Witnesses and Revelation 11 ,, Hour and Day Exactness

• Members

Lets discuss Revelation 11, as its surely agreed upon to be the direct WORD OF GOD in all our Bibles. So without further delay let me repost its entirety and high light a few time frames for you to pray about as it may differ with some other verses some might be holding.

Lets continue..

Revelation 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

End of Chapter....

So far so good, we must all agree that this is not a mistranslation Right ? I definitely agree that it is NOT mistranslated and has numerous confirmations from other         straight direct WORDS OF GOD from the past prophets of the Lord.

OCS

David

Edited by Davidjayjordan

• Members
4 hours ago, Davidjayjordan said:

So far so good, we must all agree that this is not a mistranslation Right ? I definitely agree that it is NOT mistranslated and has numerous confirmations from other         straight direct WORDS OF GOD from the past prophets of the Lord.

OCS

David

Yet you say that Matthew 24:36 makes no sense and is contrary or a mistranslation...even though it is also confirmed by other straight direct WORDS OF GOD?

On 8/14/2018 at 12:18 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

Mathew  24:36 ¶ But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father

This makes no sense, because the Lord said that three and half days, after the killing of our two witnesses, Then shall be His Second
Coming. This being in direct contradiction of Mathew 24: 36

So don't be fooled by this contrary verse or mistranslation, 

In My Opinion

David Jay Jordan

Now, since you used the argument that all of the verses that I posted (regarding no man knows) were from one conversation, I replied that you might want to reconsider that. However, I don't know if you did or not. You said that my response was too lengthy...so I'll assume you didn't look the verses up nor reconsider your statement; therefore, I'll save you the effort. This reference is not part of that conversation...

(Luke 12:40) Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Now tell me...

1. Do you think that you know when Christ will return? (We already know your answer)

2. Do you think that you know the day when Christ will return? (We already know your answer to that)

3. Do you think that you know the hour when Christ will return? (We already know your answer to that too)

In light of this, who should we believe?

1. You

2. The Lord Jesus Christ

• Members

Whoops this is the other thread, so allow me just to post the WORD OF GOD Prophecies, first and foremost so we put the Lords Prophetic Words first and foremost.

Hence I shall just concentrate on posting exact prophecies that relate to the study of the 2 Witneesses = 2 Olive Branches = 2 candlesticks

As mentioned above .

Lets continue..

Revelation 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Zechariah 4

Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you. 10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof? 12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? 13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

2 Witnesses = 2 Olive trees (branches)= 2 Candlesticks

And seeing Rev. 10 called these two annointed ones..prophets  Rev 11 verse 5 and 10

lets add... = 2 EndTime Prophets

2 Witnesses = 2 Olive trees (branches)= 2 Candlesticks =  2 End Time Prophets

Then lets look for more information on these two Christians.... of the future. At least allow me to post more direct WORD OF GOD prophetic verses.

IHS

David

Edited by Davidjayjordan

• Members
8 hours ago, Davidjayjordan said:

Zechariah 4

Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you. 10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof? 12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? 13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

2 Witnesses = 2 Olive trees (branches)= 2 Candlesticks

Now wait a minute...you're attributing two candlesticks to the prophecy in Zechariah, but Zechariah has only one candlestick.

Why does Revelation have two candlesticks, but Zechariah has only one candlestick?

Who did the two olive trees represent in Zechariah's day?

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

Who they represented in Zechariahs day is written therein.. Joshua and Zerbuabal from my memory, so Yes lets check out whether there is one or two candlesticks...

Lets go back a chapter though and read the WORD of God about the BRANCH, and then the 2 Branches

Zechariah 3

Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.

OK, so Joshua was not Moses, Joshua who had great fath, along with his Caleb, the two younger generation spies, but in Zechariahs era.

So lets study further about the Two Branches, they are not divine, and not Jesus, Jesus was the vine, and NOT a mere branch. Jesus was God. The 2 Branches are servants to the Lord...just as we humans now are mere servants to our Master Jesus.

• Members

Jeremiah 33

14 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.

17 For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

End of the word of God.... excerpt

Two houses Israel and Judah as when King David of Old, joined them together as their KING, But there is a connecting exact word called the BRANCH.... at least one branch...a king or leader or prophet branch.... what was the other branch....and if in the End Time as with an End Time King David what would their responsibility be.

David had a nathan, Zerubbal had Joshua the high priest. But lets not make any definite conclusions but study study study

Edited by Davidjayjordan

• Members

Ahh we should have read further from the WORD OF GOD as written by Jeremiah

19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying,

20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;

21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

OK. the Lord seems to have a rule, a separation of power, one governmental, or kingly held in check by the prist, or HIGH Priest.a

David had the Levites or lets be more specific and say Nathan, the prophet to correct King David of Old when he went astray...

So consider that a End Time King David is possible and probable considering prophecy.... as we do know there are two prophets or witnesses in Revelation 11, and Revelation 11 is the WORD of GOD.

Read Psalms to see that King David was promised in his lineage from his loins, a descendant that would rule after the departure of King David...

And unless you know one that ruled, I would suggest there is a Christian one coming up, not from heaven but from earthly ancestry connecting up somehow someway with King David of Old.

• Members

What about Ezekiel, he was a major end time prophet.. does he confirm the words of the other prophets.... Of course.

Ezekiel 37

15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. (TWO STICKS becoming one, with the same people uniting)

18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?

19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Interesting, but we need more confirmations not just Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Daniel and John. To get an accurate interpretation, we need multiple references and all must agree cohesively together as ONE.

• Members

Wait lets go back slightly to Zechariah, the great End Time Prophet

CHAPTER SIX of the WORD OF GOD

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

It says, or the Lord stated that THE BRANCH is a man, and he shall grow up...rather than be a reincarnation as some believe the 2 END TIME prophets will be... and he shall build the temple... Yes, the Jews think the Messiah will build the temple, as they dont believe in Jesus, and want a different Messiah to build their temple..the 3rd Temple. But notice that the counsel of peace is between them BOTH. Again confirming two end time leaders and not just one. A king and a priest. BOTH

Anyway, the BRANCH is a consistent repeated prophetic man that we should account for in prophecy, and as we have seen from different prophets, there are TWO BRANCHES, TWO OLIVE BRANCHES... and maybe even described as two sticks.

Do give me five minutes to copy and paste this research thread on WORD so as to save it for myself in case it disappears...