• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is all of the BIble the Bible?

• Members
2 hours ago, Salyan said:

He was using your words to illustrate your inconsistencies, DJJ.

Moderator Note: DJJ has been permanently banned. Discussion to clarify the topic is welcome, but he's not going to be answering again.

correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not blatantly lying to say that he was not the first one to mention mistranslation? Am I remembering wrong or was not he the one that made the statement that Matthew 24 is mistranslated?

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not blatantly lying to say that he was not the first one to mention mistranslation? Am I remembering wrong or was not he the one that made the statement that Matthew 24 is mistranslated?

Very possibly. I've gotten a little lost with all the near-identical lengthy posts. 

Edited to add: I took a look back to see if I could figure out who used the term first, and now my head is thoroughly spinning. If I'd read all that before he probably would have gotten banned sooner! Didn't find an answer for you. Guess I figure it's a bit of a moot point since he's gone anyways.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Salyan said:

Very possibly. I've gotten a little lost with all the near-identical lengthy posts. 

I found a post of NN where he uses the quote feature to quote David where he said Matthew 24 is a mistranslation, this post was from a day before the one DJJ quoted in this thread, so either he lied about it being the first mention of mistranslation, or he is too incompentant to use the search bar, or he quoted that post because he thought it was the first mention of the word mistranslation.  However, I cannot find where the original post of DJJ made this statement about mistranslation, and I wonder if NN quoted it off his webpage? if not I suspect that DJJ then edited his post and then began accusing NN of first bringing up the idea of mistranslation. However, DJJ was being seriously dishonest and avoiding the fact that NN called him on his mistranslation comment, whether it was from a post or a website or not, that man is deceptive. Notice when I pressed for linguistic evidence for his statement about Matthew 24 being a mistranslation he just refused to address it and then changed his wording to "misinterpretation".

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members

For the sake of clarity, I was pressing this guy on this point because he is dishonest.

Everyone can see the evasive manner in which he answers what others clearly answered in single short posts.

Here is part of the reason why: (from his website)

"Paul versus Jesus

Sometimes Paul wrote his opinion rather than 
the Lord's  .....

1Corinthians 7:6 But I speak this by 
permission,and NOT of commandment.

And yet church people worship His opinions 
about women, inequality, anti- sexuality, 
nationalism and patriotism as if they were the 
WORD OF GOD".

This is a gross misinterpretation of this verse.

• Members

Okay...just for further clarification. Here are the quotes showing that he was the first to say anything about mistranslations.  Please notice the dates and times of each quote.

Post 1: His original post about it. I have enlarged the font on the particular sections to make it easier to find.

Post 2: My response to his assertions. This quote may not make sense, because it only quoted me and doesn't include what I quoted from him.

Post 3: My post asking him how he could trust Revelation 11. This is the one that he claims was the first to mention mistranslations in God's word. How he got that, I don't know.

Post 4: His "shock" that I said there are mistranslations in God's word. 

Also, I didn't take the time to find his other posts; in which, he again said that the portions of scripture stating that "no man knows" are mistranslated.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:18 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

No Nicolates... (Spelling?)

This might be a further explanation for you.

We know the Day and Hour

We will know the day and hour of the Lord's Return because the Lord distinctly says in Revelation 11, that it occurs exactly 3 and a
half days after they are killed by the Anti-Christ. Right now, we dont know this exact timing because the TWO CHRISTIAN
WITNESSES only are in prominence during the Great TRIBULATION of 3 and a half years. But now we do know the season and
timing and events the Lord so painstakingly and accurately He told all his prophets.... Daniel being the primary one. Again just read
Mathew 24. For all these prophecies from HIS PROPHETS were not  written down in vain. They were given so we would know the
timing and sequence of events in the End Time. The Lord did not leave us in the dark, as we can know the timing of the Lord's
RETURN. It will not come suddenly and unexpectedly to the Lord's people, only to those that are asleep and are worldly. So when it
says in .........

Mathew  24:36 ¶ But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father

This makes no sense, because the Lord said that three and half days, after the killing of our two witnesses, Then shall be His Second Coming. This being in direct contradiction of Mathew 24: 36

Revelation  11:11 ¶ And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and
great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Consequently we can be reassured of the hour and day of the Lord's RETURN during the darkest day when our TWO LEADERS
are killed and all looks bleak for us and our annihilation. For then we know the Lord is coming to rescue us !!! But no time before that,
we have to go through all the events til the final seventh trumpet. Only death itself can rapture us before the FINAL RAPTURE.

For again, if you read after verse 36, the Lord said that the heathen didn't know and yet His man NOAH did KNOW  and Noah's
family did KNOW the timing of the GREAT FLOOD..

Mathew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the
flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until
the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

And again the true WORD of God says, we will know and not be in darkness...

1Thessalonians 5: 4-6  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of
light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore letus not sleep, as do] others; but let us watch
and be sober.

So don't tell me or us that nobody knows and nobody should study and pray, and know prophecy before hand ....... as the Lord
shows us His Prophecy. We are not supposed to be dumb and blind. For have not these deniers read previous to Mathew 24: 36...
where the Lord said ...

Mathew  24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

For the Lord's words is PROPHECY, and as He has said, every word and every prophecy shall not fail. They shall all be fulfilled.

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. The lion hath roared, who
will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but PROPHESY ?

Consequently we may not know the exact day and hour right now, but BEFORE it happens, the Lord shall tell us, The Lord shall
tell us of things to come..... He knew, and He will tell us..
So don't be fooled by this contrary verse or mistranslation, because Jesus
was from the BEGINNING and knew all things, He was 'God' and as God, knew His design for the future, and planned to show His
people His Plan and reveal His Prophecy and His TIMING.

In My Opinion

David Jay Jordan

On 8/15/2018 at 12:19 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Excuse me? Are you saying that you don't set Second Coming dates? If so, then yes sir, you most definitely do. I agree; it's foolishness.

So you're conveniently giving yourself an out if your dates don't work out...just have to recalculate them...over and over and over and over and over. Why set dates at all then?

We? Hmmm...are you an Orthodox Jew who follows the law? If not, why would it matter to you to pray that your flight not be on the sabbath day?

So, you plan to move to Judaea?

I don't need to recalculate...and you don't either.

I don't negate prophecy; I love studying it. What I do negate is false-prophecy. 

Would it have been more palatable had I said, "I adjure you to change your mind about setting dates, and don't do it any more."?

I'm sorry, but since you apparently copied and pasted some of the above from your website, I'm unable to divide up your post into sections to respond to them succinctly. Therefore, I'll use the "quote" option to highlight the parts that I'm responding to...

I have to admit...this is the first time that I've ever heard anything like that...

It makes no sense to you, because you are more devoted to setting dates (and finding verses to twist in order to fit your date-setting) than you are to allowing the plain words of the Lord Jesus Christ to tell you that NO...MAN...KNOWS. How do you get the Second Coming from the resurrection of the two witnesses? Now THAT makes no sense. Are you saying that because the Spirit of life from God entered into them, that's the Second Coming? Good grief man...REPENT! Look at what it says...great fear fell upon them which saw who? THEM...the two witnesses! The world saw them. When Christ returns, every eye will see who? HIM...the Lord Jesus Christ!

How did they know? Did they have to figure it out by figuring out dates on a timeline with clues given in Scripture? Well, first, there was no recorded scripture at that time...so that's out. So how did they know? They knew because God himself...plainly told Noah himself...that it was coming. No secret timeline; God gave it to him upfront and personal.

Hmmm...sounds like someone here who denies the words of the Lord when he clearly and plainly says...NO MAN KNOWS. However, those words pass away from you, don't they?

So, when the Lord Jesus Christ plainly says that no man knows...you chalk that up as being contrary or...a MISTRANSLATION!!! Good grief man...repent, Repent, REPENT!

So now you're willing to say that all of God's word can't be trusted; however, you have full assurance that all of those verses that you base your date-setting on can be trusted. REPENT, REPENT, REPENT!!!

You have no business proclaiming to teach anyone God's word when you are willing to shun the sections off that you don't agree with...and then have the audacity to say that they are contrary or a mistranslation.

Again with Noah? REPENT!!!

To any readers, the quote above was in reference to the verses that I posted earlier regarding "no man knows"...

Davidjayjordan, you might want to double-check your claim that all of those verses came from one discussion.

Postlogue:

Sir, when you joined and immediately posted your date-setting timeline, I tried to respectfully warn you that no one on this forum believed in setting dates. No one on this forum accepts setting dates! I had hoped that by my doing so, you would refrain from any further activity regarding such. However, your apparent proclivity for setting dates...and your justification for doing so...was more important to you than anything else.

I have shown you the words (of the Lord Jesus Christ) that no man knows. However, that apparently doesn't apply to you...or the countless others who for whatever reason...have decided that they can set dates.

You twist scripture to say things that they obviously don't say or mean. I hate to say this, but your interpretation of the two witnesses is probably the worst case of this I've ever seen.

The final straw though...the final straw was for you to have the audacity to proclaim that the Lord Jesus Christ's own words were contrary or mistranslated. Those words throw a wrench in your date-setting spokes, so you brush them off and are bold enough to say that they are contrary or mistranslated! How can you even attempt to "teach" anything regarding God's word in light of that? Shame on you...repent, Repent, REPENT!!!

On 8/15/2018 at 1:19 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

How can you trust Revelation 11? What if it's mistranslated?

On 8/15/2018 at 1:30 AM, Davidjayjordan said:

Nicolatanes, I was just about to go to sleep and you post th above. Do you have any idea what you just posted. You are doubting the veracity of Revaltion as Prophecy... but you only do this because you have never studied Zechariah or the Two olive branches or two pillars or the two candlesticks in prophecy. IE you are a total newbie prophetically speaking...

Im almost speechless in shock.
Mathew 24 about Jesus not knowing the times of the Lord God is surely a mistranslation as the Lord stated exactly that Daniel was His prophet and that Noah was before the Flood.

Do you not realise how many times these 2 witnesses are mentioned in prophecy

http://www.davidjayjordan.com/2WitnessesofRevelation.html

Got to go, I qess the Lord allowed you to make such a blunder, to show you truly dont know any prophecy

IHPS

David

then knew, I would be fishing dead men out of the water rather than living ones. And I would be
wasting my life as more died around me and drowned. Is this what I wanted? Is this the kind of
fisherman I wanted to be ….No !

So, that very night I got back into my pick-up camper and headed back to Vancouver and back to
Christian service.  And by the Grace of God with bumps along the way,  I and my family have been
doing it ever since, because I don’t want to fish dead men,  but be a ‘fisherman for the LORD of
LORDS’

In His Service

Jordan Fisherman
(David Jay Jordan)