• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is all of the BIble the Bible?

• Members

The questions that you are asking are designed to cloud the issue and stop people looking at your position, and I will not therefore answer them. If you want to have that discussion then start your own thread about it and people who are interested can join you there.

If you believe that the Word of God is the perfect Word of God why did you in another thread suggest that there are mistranslations in it?

Is the Word of God that we have today the perfect Word of God or isn't it?

Is for instance the writing that Paul wrote the Word of God or not?

Or Peter's letters, or John's? 

And how about NOT misquoting the Bible as you have done here.

2 hours ago, Davidjayjordan said:

John 21 ...25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.? Amen !

This is not saying there is more to the Word of God no matter how you cut it.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Davidjayjordan said:

In other words, the Lord is a great speaker and talker and continues to speak and continues to act and answer His people.... so if it is allowed, I would say the WORD OF GOD is not limited to just the Bible but is a larger volume than just the Bible. For we can not limit the Holy One of Israel.... IMHO.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

PS) And do consider thinking through what people really believe, for their actions show what they really believe, whereas mere mental ascent to words doesnt always dictate they will follow the mental ascent they have given.  As Jesus said, If we do His doctrine then we can know the doctrine... If we havent lived the doctrine and forsaken all and picked up our cross daily and followed Him to the ends of the Earth, our mental acceptance of His Words or directions might not be as important and valid as us, obeying and doing and knowing His WORDS and doctrine. Amen ?

One cannot 'live doctrine' before first mentally accepting it.  Otherwise they will only be following their own heart, and that will always lead us astray.

• Members

I also

Personally, I not only believe Matt 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

I also believe Rev 22:

18  For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

It certainly seems to say that you shouldn't take away from God's Word, and you shouldn't add to God's Word, and it seems a certain someone wants to suggest that parts of the Bible are "mistranslated" at the very least, and now he wants to add to the Word of God........

Hmmmmmm.

• Members

"All scripture is given by  inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16 & 17

The Bible, the Authorized Version of 1611, is perfect, or complete. 

The Christian, the man of God, does not need any other vision, addition, prophecy, or instruction from any other man, or denomination, or "prophet," to be "perfect."

All of our doctrines, 100 %, are to be taken from the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible. All of the extra-biblical visions, instruction, prophecies, and teachings of the modern Charismatics, false teachers, are in error and are causing confusion in the churches.

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

"All scripture is given by  inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16 & 17

The Bible, the Authorized Version of 1611, is perfect, or complete. 

The Christian, the man of God, does not need any other vision, addition, prophecy, or instruction from any other man, or denomination, or "prophet," to be "perfect."

All of our doctrines, 100 %, are to be taken from the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible. All of the extra-biblical visions, instruction, prophecies, and teachings of the modern Charismatics, false teachers, are in error and are causing confusion in the churches.

Yes, I have always used the KJV, and memorised about three thousand verses previously.. Good for the soul and those we witness too, should know the exact verses on which to trust in their salvation from the Lord.

Yes, it furnishes you for every good work because then you have the power to be preachers and missionaries for Jesus.

1 hour ago, DaveW said:

I also

Personally, I not only believe Matt 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

I also believe Rev 22:

18  For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

It certainly seems to say that you shouldn't take away from God's Word, and you shouldn't add to God's Word, and it seems a certain someone wants to suggest that parts of the Bible are "mistranslated" at the very least, and now he wants to add to the Word of God........

Hmmmmmm.

No dont take away from the words of Revelation and discount it and say it isnt prophecy..... totally agree

Dont change them, learn from them the events and **** as stated, including Revelation 11. Bel;ieve and trust in all of it

http://www.davidjayjordan.com/RevelationsTimeline.html

• Members
1 hour ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I would like to see David actually show us from the Greek how the verse in Matthew 24 is “mistranslated”. David how much Greek do you even know? 

Nah.. you go ahead, I have enough trouble with English as is, Im a science type and science graduate and never went to a seminary, just heard from the Lord in the great OUTDOORS of British Columbia.

Im not a linguist and believe the KJV translators did a good job in putting it into understandable exact English. Some miks-interpret it, even then.. oh well thats their choice and their responsibility. Onward Christian soldiers

• Members
2 hours ago, DaveW said:

The questions that you are asking are designed to cloud the issue and stop people looking at your position, and I will not therefore answer them. If you want to have that discussion then start your own thread about it and people who are interested can join you there.

If you believe that the Word of God is the perfect Word of God why did you in another thread suggest that there are mistranslations in it?

Is the Word of God that we have today the perfect Word of God or isn't it?

Is for instance the writing that Paul wrote the Word of God or not?

Or Peter's letters, or John's? 

And how about NOT misquoting the Bible as you have done here.

This is not saying there is more to the Word of God no matter how you cut it.

Misinterpretations in it Yes.....

But I dont know how anyone can say the Lord didnt say more than what is written in the Gospels. Everything Jesus said was the WORD OF GOD, he was literally the WORD OF GOD  SEE Revelation 19

And again, Yes I am a believer in the Holy Spirit teaching and whispering to us.I believe in the Holy Spirit and think the Lords Spirit is talking to us individually the Word of God. Each is responsible to hear HIM correctly... I never knew it was controversial; to believe in the Holy Spirit

• Members
2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Oh...so this is still the day of Pentecost? Please notice the verse that YOU quoted. It says "this"...

...and why did you stop at verse 18?

I can go on as all Acts is consistent and verifies that the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost and remains our teacher and whisperer in our ears of Gods WORD, even til today and onward...

But heres more of Acts 2 as you requested

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

• Members
22 minutes ago, Davidjayjordan said:

Nah.. you go ahead, I have enough trouble with English as is, Im a science type and science graduate and never went to a seminary, just heard from the Lord in the great OUTDOORS of British Columbia.

Im not a linguist and believe the KJV translators did a good job in putting it into understandable exact English. Some miks-interpret it, even then.. oh well thats their choice and their responsibility. Onward Christian soldiers

Well I am a linguist. Baptist Bible Translators Institute graduate. I find it odd that you have now deceitfully changed your wording from “mistranslation” to misinterpretation when talking about Matthew 24. First you said it was a “mistranslation” and then when I call you to defend your statement you conveniently change your tune.

the bible is clear, no man knows the day or the hour. Now either show me how it’s mistranslated or stop with your heretical date setting. 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members
50 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Well I am a linguist. Baptist Bible Translators Institute graduate. I find it odd that you have now deceitfully changed your wording from “mistranslation” to misinterpretation when talking about Matthew 24. First you said it was a “mistranslation” and then when I call you to defend your statement you conveniently change your tune.

the bible is clear, no man knows the day or the hour. Now either show me how it’s mistranslated or stop with your heretical date setting. 

Deceit is a rather aggressive word.... besides I was not the first one to use the term mistranslation, if you look back at the thread. Someone stated that Revelation 11 was maybe a mistranslation....

I differ with you.. as mentioned and for the reasons as mentioned and the thread as produced

I believe Jesus did know ;past and future prophecy

As for the Greek, thats for you to study, most of my study and experience came from the mission field in proving that the WORD OF GOD can be trusted for me and my family. We all have that option I assume.

But congratulations on a good name. I have it to.. Jordan means 'descendiong judgment    SEE Crossing the Jordan

David means 'beloved... jay means just a shortended version of Jordan, as in 'J'

Nice fellowshipping with you Jordan....

• Members

I think that we have adequate understanding of your basic rejection of the Word of God via your redefinitions, misuse of Scripture, and umbilical statements.

One last thing - since Paul wrote about half the New Testament, I would ask if you accept Paul's teaching as recorded in the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God?

And no, you ABSOLUTELY WERE the first one to talk about mistranslations. No matter how you try to throw that accusation into NoNics, it was you, not him that stated it first. 

Now, what about Paul?????

• Members

On 8/14/2018 at 11:12 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

Jesus angel said to Johm, to read and understand and get a blessing for doing so... lets look it up.

But I do think ti beneficial to post the Revelation 11 verses that show distinctly that we know 3.5 days or 84 hours ahead of time when the Lord Returns..

How can you trust Revelation 11? What if it's mistranslated?

I went on the next morning after I had a good nights sleep and responded by showing that Revelation 11 was NOT a mistranslation and had specific exact timeframes before the Coming of the Lord. Itys recorded and theres no editing.

SEE Revelation 11, 2 Candlesticks, 2 Olive branches thread

Yes I believe, many many people misinterpret Mathew 24 concerning the Lord didnt know prophecy and no one can know any prophecy or any time frames, as I have posted.