• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

David Jay Jordan HERE, what be your questions

• Members

As a full time successful missionary for Jesus, outside the bounds of a Baptist Church overseer or authority figure, I differ.

As anyone can be a missionary, you dont have to be ordanied by a church, whether Baptist or Protestant or Catholic. Just obey the Lord, He is not group oriented...Jesus respects individuals and their personal choices as He alone is our authority over us.

If you differ, so be it, not a problem, youre a church organization, so be it.

Mind you I never meet a Baptist missionary when out on the streets anywhere in the world. There were Baptists missionaries around and some of them I might have meet but we never paraded our church denomination in any formal or informal meetings we ever had.

But dont worry about it, Jim. If people start going out and obeying the Lord directly, THEN in your frame of reference they will fail, and THEN from your point of view they can be more attached and dependant on you and the Baptist Church if they go again and be Baptist missionaries. Lets get some Baptist missionaries out there, the more the merrier, the more people get saved and love the Lord and the better the world becomes.

But I think you missed the more important questions I posed to John, allow me to repost them for yourself and for your hoped for answers, either you or John. Either one

ATBIJ

David

Here they are.. John or Jim

"Can anyone be a missionary or must they be Baptist. Are only Baptists saved or can anyone be saved by the Lord. Does the Lord speak to anyone or only to those Baptist leaders that have authority over others..... to hear from the Lord or hear from the Baptist leaders over them who have authority over them.

And ordained minister means a duly ordained Baptist minister, I assume from a duly ordained Baptist college I assume. So are there any ministers anywhere who are not Baptist that are duly ordained by the Lord ?"

• Administrators

I did not miss what you claim to be the more important questions. I didn't address them simply because they are presented as a point of contention and to cause trouble.

The answers to those questions are elementary and answered by proper teaching regarding the institution you despise; the church that Jesus built, you know the place that Jesus designated as the "pillar and ground of the truth""

• Members

You might note that all I did in relation to this section was to encourage you to study the book of Acts which you have obviously not done in relation to this subject.

You refuse to do so because it doesn't suit you, regardless of what the Bible actually teaches.

How about, instead of simply insulting people over this matter, you go and do some actual Bible study?

• Members
13 hours ago, Davidjayjordan said:

As a full time successful missionary for Jesus [amen. Again, I appreciate the fact that you have lived for Jesus] , outside the bounds of a Baptist Church overseer or authority figure, I differ. [How about this, because you think I'm advocating for a denomination when I say "Baptist", perhaps you would better understand "New Testament Church". Please understand not all churches are New Testament churches. Many are extra biblical churches, doing things in a manor not prescribed by Christ. Surly you understand that. So a "Baptist church" is another word for "NT church" as compared to "Southern Baptist Convention" which would be a denomination of Baptist churches. So whatever NT church you want, that followers scripture is what I mean by the general term "Baptist". In that understanding, You as a follower of Christ are supposed to be in subjection to His NT Church. Regardless the name on the door, be it, Bible, Baptist, Community, "the Rock", non-denom fellowship, etc. As a NT believer you should submit to "believers baptism" and serve Him through one of His local NT Churches.]

As anyone can be a missionary,  you dont have to be ordanied by a church, [Actually anyone can preach the Gospel but to be a proper missionary, with church planting authority, you must be ordained and sent out for that purpose by a local NT church] whether Baptist or Protestant or Catholic. [You must be a NT Believer that preaches the Gospel. Protestants and Catholics do not preach the correct gospel.] Just obey the Lord, He is not group oriented [Yes, he actually wants us to work in groups, not in our own authority]...Jesus respects individuals and their personal choices [No. He respects those who submit to his authority and His church, serving in the way that He prescribed] as He alone is our authority over us [This is correct, so we should be obedient by submitting "one to another" in His local churches].

If you differ, so be it, not a problem, youre a church organization, so be it.

Mind you I never meet a Baptist missionary when out on the streets anywhere in the world. There were Baptists missionaries around and some of them I might have meet but we never paraded our church denomination in any formal or informal meetings we ever had.[Baptist don't peraide a denomination because we are NT Bible believing Christians, individually submitting one to another. Not a denomination. Our authority is from Christ. Not a denominational head that we can brag about or be forcibly subject to.]

But dont worry about it, Jim. If people start going out and obeying the Lord directly, THEN in your frame of reference they will fail, and THEN from your point of view they can be more attached and dependant on you and the Baptist Church if they go again and be Baptist missionaries. Lets get some Baptist missionaries out there, the more the merrier, the more people get saved and love the Lord and the better the world becomes.

But I think you missed the more important questions I posed to John, allow me to repost them for yourself and for your hoped for answers, either you or John. Either one

ATBIJ

David

Here they are.. John or Jim

"Can anyone be a missionary [No but everyone can preach the gospel] or must they be Baptist [They must be sent out by a New Testament Church that gives to them the authority to start churches]. Are only Baptists saved or can anyone be saved by the Lord. [Anyone who humbly calls on the Lord will be saved] Does the Lord speak to anyone [if they are seeking Him or Saved and submitted to Him then He will speak to them by the Holy Ghost, but never in contradiction to his scripture] or only to those Baptist leaders that have authority over others [The NT Pastor/Elder/Bishop watches over souls and leads the church so he aught to listen more closely but God leads] ..... to hear from the Lord or hear from the Baptist leaders over them who have authority over them. [They are supposed to work together. As the Spirit guides and is seen by all, so too the Leaders must give specific direction and help in this. Numbers 9 and 10 gives a good example of this."according to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so did the children of Israel." 9:23 At the commandment of the Lord they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the Lord they journeyed: they kept the charge of the Lord, at the commandment of the Lord by the hand of Moses.]

And ordained minister means a duly ordained Baptist minister, I assume from a duly ordained Baptist college I assume. So are there any ministers anywhere who are not Baptist that are duly ordained by the Lord ?" [They do not need to go to college to be ordained. To be ordained they need an established NT church to set them apart for the work whereunto God called them. Acts 13:2-3 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. Acts 14:21-23 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch, 22 confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. 23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.]

Edited by John Young

• Members

Good reply, from your point of view. Thanks..as it seems anyone can be saved as you mention. I agree...and I quess from what you are saying anyone can be a preacher, and tell others about the power and saving Grace of Jesus if done outside of our local area, I agree. I would assume that means they would be missionaries away from home, a small semantic difference in my opinion... but whatever.... a missionary of Jesus never the less. Thanks John.

Gpt as lot of smoke there in Spokane, did you find Edgecliff from experience or from a map,

Gpt tp f;y..whoops..got tpo fly whoops not much of a typer GOT TO FLY

• Members

We choose Edgecliff because there was no church, real or fake, of any type, within a mile of the neighborhood. It was also situated between two large cities that will need many more baptist churches in the coming future. We have about 6 IFB churches here for 300,000+ people and 20,000+ more each year. Of loose Baptist type we have about 10 solid churches. The rest seem to be very lax on doctrine/standards or protestant/catholic/cult.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 8/15/2018 at 3:07 AM, Davidjayjordan said:

Hi all, Im David Jay Jordan, a so called newbie HERE at least to the FORUM.

I  call myself a Baptist because I was baptized in a local Baptist Church in Spokane Washington. at 12 years old. Im 70 something now, and still going for the Lord as an independant Baptist, you might say... as our ministry is to all kinds of people.

Married, five children, had only one wife, shes a winner and has taught me innumerable things because of her heritage in the 3rd world, and we have experienced soooo much because we were independant and non denominational. No support from any church or family (they were basically atheists)

I was quite the athlete growing up and reached international level by 19, but choose to follow the Lord after University graduation with a BSC. (There they tried to stop me from graduating because I wouldnt adopt insane unscientific evolution)

Been a missionary in probably the hardest place on Earth.... the Us, but was previously in England, Holland, back to Canada, then the US, New Zealand, Australia, Philippines and onward.

Im terrible at l;anguages, am not a speaker, and I hate writing, as I'm a science type and not a singer, talker, speaker, writer type. Nevertheless onward Christian Soldier.. doing what I can..with what the Lord has given....

Want to make it to the end, for to live is Christ, to die is gain...

Heres what I wrote when invited to this forum .......

No problem Jim. I usually like two way conversations rather than one way ones.... one way ones, hows that.. I always like questions and answers both ways, its called a true debate and true discussions.

And I did see that note of yours for newbies to introduce themselves.

And Yes I was baptized in a Baptist local church way back when I was 12 years old. Took the course on a Saturday and got baptized on a SUNDAY. For I reckon you will want to discern if I am truly saved or not. Well I have been a missionary for over fifty years now, so no problem....

Yea, and I am rather well versed on science as I am a graduate with a B.Sc, and do dislike or hate evolutionary doctrine that is unscientific.... and am ot much into material wealth as a proof of spirituality...as those are the few threads I have started.

If you have questions, and I have to answer them to continue, so be it. 

IHS

David

Hello, I'm Rachel. I'm basically an Iranian, but I have never lived in Iran and, with my wife, we came here in the Netherlands.
My wife is a doctor and very successful in her work

Hello, I'm Rachel. I'm basically an Iranian, but I have never lived in Iran and, with my wife, we came here in the Netherlands.
My wife is a doctor and very successful in her work