• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Evolution is 'unscientific' Creation is SCIENTIFIC

• 6 months later...
  • Members

My HS biology teacher, a devout Christian, had a good answer to the evolution question. At the beginning of the school year, he held up a copy of our textbook & said, "This book says that birds evolved from lizards. But that's asking a lot from a lizard. It's asking it to trade in its perfectly-functional scales for feathers, its perfectly-functional jaws for a beak, & then it gets complicated. It's asking the lizard to reverse the bend of its arms & legs, which bend similar to our own, , then to perform the greatest feat of all - to change its body chemistry from cold-blooded to warm-blooded, a profound change which involves THOUSANDS of chemicals & compounds!"

Then, he said, "We know the amoeba is the simplest animal, consisting of a blob of protoplasm containing a nucleus that regulates its chemical activity. The amoeba has no definite shape. But if it evolved into a paramecium, which has a definite shape and a few simple body parts, which in turn evolved into a volvox, a multi-celled animal, then, WHY ARE THERE STILL AMOEBAE IN PLENTIFUL AMOUNTS IN MOST OF THE EARTH????? If they evolved, they shouldn't be here now!"

I never forgot that unofficial lesson!

And, there are new species of plants & animals discovered every year, that couldn't possible have evolved from anything else. I believe God is still creating, though not on the scale He did in the beginning.

• Members
On 3/21/2019 at 3:00 AM, robycop3 said:

My HS biology teacher...

And, there are new species of plants & animals discovered every year, that couldn't possible have evolved from anything else. I believe God is still creating, though not on the scale He did in the beginning.

I agreed with all but the last.  

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them." - Genesis 2:1

It's generally not true that new things are discovered every year.  In most cases the locals knew about them long before the scientists burning up their grant money arrived on scene.

• Members

New discoveries do not equal new creation of creatures or plants. I’m sure there are many living creatures in various places on the planet that mankind still has a lot to learn about (such as some of the fish, etc. at thr bottom of the sea, and in unexplored areas of different rainforests, for example).

• Moderators

in fact, the continual new discoveries by scientists also makes us question, How can scientists say with such assurance that they know all about what happened 'millions of years ago', or even 'millions of light years away', as well as how global warming/cooling/climate change will effect the earth in 1000 years, when they don't even have a handle on the here and now? Every heavy storm washes up new animals from the ocean that baffle scientists, but by golly, they know all about how everything evolved from one thing to another! They don't understand how some storm activity occurs, but they will speak with assurance about that planet 1000 l/y away that rains diamonds!

• 4 years later...
  • Members
On 3/25/2019 at 10:47 AM, Ukulelemike said:

in fact, the continual new discoveries by scientists also makes us question, How can scientists say with such assurance that they know all about what happened 'millions of years ago', or even 'millions of light years away', as well as how global warming/cooling/climate change will effect the earth in 1000 years, when they don't even have a handle on the here and now? Every heavy storm washes up new animals from the ocean that baffle scientists, but by golly, they know all about how everything evolved from one thing to another! They don't understand how some storm activity occurs, but they will speak with assurance about that planet 1000 l/y away that rains diamonds!

I mean they cannot accurately predict the weather for the next week, yet they know the far future and the far past. Right on Ukulelemike.