• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Have severe iron deficiency

• Members

I found out that I have chronically low iron saturation and ferritin. I have to start iron infusions, next week. I’ve been very tired and haven’t been able to breathe well (although the breathing had gotten a lot better after I prayed hard about it). 

The Dr. felt my thyroid and said it felt a little enlarged, so I have to get that checked, too.  I’m pretty frustrated with that, because from all of my research, thyroid stuff can be very difficult to treat and the meds they put you on, are basically poison.(According to some people that have had to take them).  

Please pray for my thyroid health/overall health. My iron is low due to very heavy bleeding, caused by a pre-existing disorder that I have. The meds that doctors offer for this aren’t very healthy, either, which is why I don’t take them. I really pray that my iron stays good after the infusions! 

• Administrators

Thyroid problems can be very difficult to deal with. They can also be very difficult to diagnose. Finding a doctor that will seriously consider Thyroid as the culprit for the symptoms they see is a real challenge.

Some of the best results of diagnosing and treating Thyroid problems comes from looking to what is called, "alternative medicine" or Holistic, natural medicine as a means to inform yourself. Then taking the information you find and try finding a doctor that will take the information you find seriously enough to investigate further.

There are some very specific tests that can be performed to diagnose Thyroid problems, but many doctors either don't believe they work or will not perform them because their training does not include this kind of information.

I will certainly add you and this problem to my prayer list Rose. Don't give up, pray diligently and keep looking for answers.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Thyroid problems can be very difficult to deal with. They can also be very difficult to diagnose. Finding a doctor that will seriously consider Thyroid as the culprit for the symptoms they see is a real challenge.

Some of the best results of diagnosing and treating Thyroid problems comes from looking to what is called, "alternative medicine" or Holistic, natural medicine as a means to inform yourself. Then taking the information you find and try finding a doctor that will take the information you find seriously enough to investigate further.

There are some very specific tests that can be performed to diagnose Thyroid problems, but many doctors either don't believe they work or will not perform them because their training does not include this kind of information.

I will certainly add you and this problem to my prayer list Rose. Don't give up, pray diligently and keep looking for answers.

Thank you, I will definitely look into that! I always believe natural medicines, are the best! 

I appreciate your prayers!! 

• Administrators

Just be careful with the natural stuff, Rose. We use natural products as often as we can (and I totally agree with Jim), but even those can cause issues. Since you have two problems (and they could actually be tied together, as thyroid problems cause a host of other issues), maybe think about going to a naturopathic doctor.  

Do you use cast iron skillets? If not, you might want to consider getting some. Cooking with them is actually a great source of getting iron into your body. 

Praying.

• Members
6 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Just be careful with the natural stuff, Rose. We use natural products as often as we can (and I totally agree with Jim), but even those can cause issues. Since you have two problems (and they could actually be tied together, as thyroid problems cause a host of other issues), maybe think about going to a naturopathic doctor.  

Do you use cast iron skillets? If not, you might want to consider getting some. Cooking with them is actually a great source of getting iron into your body. 

Praying.

My husband has one, I will let him know about this! We’ve never gotten around to using it, for some reason! And I will try to find someone who does natural medicine if I have to, right now I’m trying to do a lower carb diet, with fruits (where most of the carbs in my diet are coming from). I read about a lot of fruit that had good amounts of iron and that clams had a lot! I bought some cans of them at the store, today. I hope they taste good! Lol ?

• Members

My wife's iron levels were very low for several years.  She refused to take those iron pills because of the side effects.  We do cook exclusively with cast iron for the past three years but such was not enough for her.  Two surgeries and her iron levels are on the low side of normal now.  If you'd like to speak with her about it, PM me and I'll get her for you.

• 3 weeks later...