• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Body of Jesus

• Administrators

I can't prove it and Scripture doesn't specifically address this issue. My thoughts would probably run more to His body was taken to Heaven.

I say this because of certain unrelated Scripture and especially "wording" that we see in other Scriptures. To my mind it may be especially significant when we look at Scripture such as the account of Stephen's martyrdom in:  Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God   Please notice here that Scripture specifically states that it was Jesus that Stephen saw. Jesus is the bodily human form of the Son of God.

In Mat. 16:19 Jesus appeared to the Apostles in the bodily form of Jesus after His resurrection, who they recognized. It then states that He was received up into Heaven.  Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 

And last we see the record in Heb. 10:12  where Scripture specifically says that "this man"  sat down on the right hand of God.  Heb 10:12  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 

I must admit that I have never even really considered this question, but when I saw it posted these are the thoughts that came to mind.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I can't prove it and Scripture doesn't specifically address this issue. My thoughts would probably run more to His body was taken to Heaven.

I say this because of certain unrelated Scripture and especially "wording" that we see in other Scriptures. To my mind it may be especially significant when we look at Scripture such as the account of Stephen's martyrdom in:  Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God   Please notice here that Scripture specifically states that it was Jesus that Stephen saw. Jesus is the bodily human form of the Son of God.

In Mat. 16:19 Jesus appeared to the Apostles in the bodily form of Jesus after His resurrection, who they recognized. It then states that He was received up into Heaven.  Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 

And last we see the record in Heb. 10:12  where Scripture specifically says that "this man"  sat down on the right hand of God.  Heb 10:12  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 

I must admit that I have never even really considered this question, but when I saw it posted these are the thoughts that came to mind.

Very interesting thoughts.  I remember a song talking about the pierced hands we will see in heaven.  Don't know if that is in scripture or not.  

• Members
1 hour ago, Baptistsenior said:

Acts 2:31 states He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption,      So  what did happen to his body? 

It laid in a tomb for three days without deterioration, then was transformed in glorious resurrection.  That transformed body is the very one that our Lord Jesus Christ possesses at this very moment as He sits on the right hand of God the Father making intercession for us.

• Members
1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

It laid in a tomb for three days without deterioration, then was transformed in glorious resurrection.  That transformed body is the very one that our Lord Jesus Christ possesses at this very moment as He sits on the right hand of God the Father making intercession for us.

Isn't that awesome.  As many times as I have read that verse I never really thought about it.  Love when the Lord hits us on the heart with something.  

• Members
8 minutes ago, Baptistsenior said:

Isn't that awesome.  As many times as I have read that verse I never really thought about it.  Love when the Lord hits us on the heart with something.  

AWESOME, indeed, in the true, Biblical meaning of the phrase "AWE INSPIRING"!!!!!!