• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Joyce Meyer, what an ugly dude" - Adam Fannin - Stedfast Jacksonville Church

• Administrators

I don't have time to discuss this at the moment, but what do you all think about this "Type" of preaching? There are different quotes in the video like "Female Preachers Are Daughters of the Devil” & "Sorry, Joyce Meyer. I know you look like a dyke. You look like a dude. But it doesn’t count. You have to be a man, according to the Bible."

• Members

Yep, but why does he look like Anderson, dress like Anderson, sound like Anderson, preach like Anderson?

There was a guy in Australia recently who caused a fuss and he was exactly the same.

Scary that he appears to be cloning himself.

And with that sort of corrupt communication.........

I couldn't watch much of it - had to turn it off....

Edited by DaveW

• Members
On 7/13/2018 at 11:09 PM, HappyChristian said:

What Salyan said...

(and I have to wonder...why does a church that has about 12 people videotape and "share" sermons?)

The church plant I currently pastor has about 12 right now and we post our sermons as well. As few main reasons we do it is because it is a cheap and easy way to evangelize and get our message out to those we minister to, it gives us an openness and accountability to our home church and community, so even if they do not attend they will know what is being taught and done in our church. 

On 7/13/2018 at 3:05 PM, DaveW said:

Why does this guy look like Steven Anderson????

Because the church is a second generation church plant of Steven Anderson's church. Faithful Word Baptist Church sent out Donnie Romero to start Steadfast Baptist church in Fort worth Texas and they sent out Adam Fanin to start Steadfast Baptist of Jacksonville,FL. He is not yet an ordained pastor but consider him an evangelist out of their church. The church is still under the authority of Steadfast of Fort Worth.

Edited by John Young

• Administrators

Honestly, I think he should spend more time actually teaching his people what the Word of God says instead of editorializing by calling names, etc. NAMING names is one thing. CALLING someone names is another. IMO.

We have an openness and accountability in our church, without putting videos online. Heh - I actually suggested my husband think about it some time (later...our people would not be ready for live stream...there's still much of the Christian life they need to learn first, before they are live on camera even in a listening capacity).  I'm not faulting anyone who wants to live stream, or even just videotape and then download. But if that's what's going to be done, then it ought to be biblical preaching/teaching, and not something simply to incite (which is precisely what the progenitor of this young man does and obviously learned so to do himself). 

• Members
On 7/13/2018 at 8:59 AM, BroMatt said:

I don't have time to discuss this at the moment, but what do you all think about this "Type" of preaching?

Christ and Paul called friend and foe alike names, usually to their faces.  But Anderson's way is different, seemingly filled with hatred (other videos of his that I've watched.  Did not watch this one.)  Call them fools if needs be and stick with scripture.  Anderson is his own worst enemy, doing great damage to the cause of Christ due to his sheer and utter ignorance.  Communists would call the liberals that unwittingly advanced their nefarious agendas, useful idiots.  

• Members
1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

Anderson is his own worst enemy, doing great damage to the cause of Christ due to his sheer and utter ignorance.  Communists would call the liberals that unwittingly advanced their nefarious agendas, useful idiots.  

I've spoken to him on facebook a few times. We disagree on theology and on his online persona direction if you will but I actually like him somewhat and knows he is a genuine christian who wants people saved. Having watched his ministry over the years, I can tell you he is very smart and I would say he knows exactly what he is doing. One friend of mine likened him to the Donald Trump of the IFB world. He he knows how to pick the "right" enemies and build an online audience around it and then capitalizes on it. Notice his positions carters to the average online "nut" that no average IFB guy would typically reach and he has been able to reach them and mobilize them somewhat into soul winners, followers, or hecklers who will in turn draw in more. He is not actually interested in if the average IFB guy likes him online but that it gets views from the greater online world.  Again I'm not saying I agree with his methods but whatever he is, he is not definitely not ignorant. (For example, the above video would not have been shared normally hut because the inciting crude language, now its being shared. It does not mater if the one sharing it likes it or not. every share helps make the "controversial video" go viral to reach those who would not have seen it otherwise. then when it goes viral the news picks it up and the more it reaches.)

• Administrators

I finally figured out the words to describe this (and, John, your description fits right in there). "Yellow journalism" - journalism that is based upon sensationalism and crude exaggeration.

"Capitalizing" on picking the "right" enemies (somehow "picking" enemies is concerning...considering that we already have an enemy out to destroy us, should we really be picking enemies - "right" or not?) in order for something to go viral to get more followers...that's yellow journalism in the pulpit.

"Joyce Meyer, what an ugly dude" is not even in the same league as Christ's calling the pharisees whited sepulchers (swath, thanks, you are correct in pointing out that Christ did call names. Christ didn't use those terms in order to go viral.  Nor did the names He used mock their looks, etc...His names were descriptions of their sins, rather than personalizing for sensationalism. As you said, no evident hatred  of the individual).

For far too many years we've been subjected to (and not only accepted but promoted) pastors who think swearing in the pulpit is fine, using crude terminology, mocking people, and on and on ad infinitum.  And we come to the place where the preaching style in this video is acceptable and easy to rationalize to many.

In truth, IMO, the men who gravitate to - and copy -  this type of preaching are bullies. 

How much more effective - and biblical - would it have been for him to make his point by naming Joyce Meyer and pointing out that, while she has a big following, she is disobedient to scripture. WHY would a man of God call a woman an "ugly dude?" HOW is that edifying to the hearers? It's not. Because that isn't the point. Going viral is. Yellow journalism in the pulpit.

I thank God that my husband doesn't preach like that. He isn't interested in going viral. He has a burden for our community that grows by the day. He has a burden for our people that grows by the day. He isn't in the least bit interested in "going viral." Nor does he need to pick enemies - right or not.  They are already there. I apologize if that sounds smug. It isn't intended that way. Nor is it intended to smear those who post videos of messages. It is intended, though, as an indictment of bully preaching simply to create followers.  Because those followers are not, for the most part, followers of Christ. They are followers of sensationalism.

• Members
9 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

I finally figured out the words to describe this (and, John, your description fits right in there). "Yellow journalism" - journalism that is based upon sensationalism and crude exaggeration.

"Capitalizing" on picking the "right" enemies (somehow "picking" enemies is concerning...considering that we already have an enemy out to destroy us, should we really be picking enemies - "right" or not?) in order for something to go viral to get more followers...that's yellow journalism in the pulpit.

"Joyce Meyer, what an ugly dude" is not even in the same league as Christ's calling the pharisees whited sepulchers (swath, thanks, you are correct in pointing out that Christ did call names. Christ didn't use those terms in order to go viral.  Nor did the names He used mock their looks, etc...His names were descriptions of their sins, rather than personalizing for sensationalism. As you said, no evident hatred  of the individual).

For far too many years we've been subjected to (and not only accepted but promoted) pastors who think swearing in the pulpit is fine, using crude terminology, mocking people, and on and on ad infinitum.  And we come to the place where the preaching style in this video is acceptable and easy to rationalize to many.

In truth, IMO, the men who gravitate to - and copy -  this type of preaching are bullies. 

How much more effective - and biblical - would it have been for him to make his point by naming Joyce Meyer and pointing out that, while she has a big following, she is disobedient to scripture. WHY would a man of God call a woman an "ugly dude?" HOW is that edifying to the hearers? It's not. Because that isn't the point. Going viral is. Yellow journalism in the pulpit.

I thank God that my husband doesn't preach like that. He isn't interested in going viral. He has a burden for our community that grows by the day. He has a burden for our people that grows by the day. He isn't in the least bit interested in "going viral." Nor does he need to pick enemies - right or not.  They are already there. I apologize if that sounds smug. It isn't intended that way. Nor is it intended to smear those who post videos of messages. It is intended, though, as an indictment of bully preaching simply to create followers.  Because those followers are not, for the most part, followers of Christ. They are followers of sensationalism.

Double like!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Joyce Meyer teaches that Jesus died *spiritually* and was tormented by demons in Hell. She also teaches that Jesus was the first one to be "born-again" -- and was no longer the Son of God during that time. This is WRONG!!! Jesus paid our sin debt on the Cross (Jn. 19:30; Col. 1:20; 2:14; 1 Pet. 2:24)) because He said "IT IS FINISHED" ON the CROSS! So how is it that He spent 3 days in Hell? It is important to describe what our Lord did for us in dying for our sins -- in order to distinguish His expiation of our sins from His later, physical death. This is an important distinction, because many Christians wrongly believe that it was by dying physically that Christ atoned for our sins. However, He said "it is FINISHED" before He died physically, and when He did die physically He did so of His own accord by dismissing His human spirit. The sacrifice of Christ is the most important thing that happens in history and is so by orders of magnitude we cannot yet comprehend. Christ has to be God and man to accomplish it -- and NOT a "born-again" man. And only a perfect human being was qualified to bear our sins and capable of doing so, and only someone who was also God could possible stand being punished for all the sins of the entire world from the beginning of human history to the end. This all happened in the THREE HOURS (NOT DAYS) of darkness on Calvary. Joyce Meyer is a tool of the devil and she knows it too. She knows that she is NOT a Christian and is part of a world system run by Satan himself to infiltrate Christian churches as Pastors in disguise who are in actuality demon-possessed. 

God Bless!

Edited by (Omega)