• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Brother David Cloud had a heart attack

• Administrators

Update from Bro. Cloud
July 3, 2018

Hello friends. Thank you for your prayers.

I am doing well and am scheduled to get out of the hospital tomorrow. One artery was 100% blocked when I got to the hospital early Friday morning & was near death’s door but super fast emergency Angioplasty surgery was 100% successful.

Yesterday I had a second Angioplasty to remove 80% blockage on the other side. The hospital where I was treated for pancreatitis 3 years ago opened a new high tech Angioplasty surgery wing just 3 months ago with German equipment. The stents are the latest technology. Nepal has made explosive advances in medical care in the last few years in some of the private hospitals. My doctor is the head of the hospital’s cardiovascular unit.

Heart seems to be in good shape and is doing its thing well and liking the new unrestricted supply of blood. All signs normal. I feel very strong. I will be on restricted activity for a few weeks but the Bible college is on break now.

If recovery continues well, by the time my next preaching trip comes in September I will be off restriction according to the doctor’s timetable & will be able to assume normal activities.

Over the last 3 years I’ve gradually made major changes in diet & exercise & that will make it easier to keep the heart in good shape. My former diet is probably the culprit for the current episodes. A cheeseburger diet is “the” hallelujah diet but it has a real downside. (It’s a joke, folks.)

Bro. Cloud