• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A question. (or a few)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hello all.
I was wondering.
How far will you go to take a stand for what is right,or against,what is not right?
Would you be willing to lose friends,defending the KJV?
Would you be willing to be ridiculed by saved and lost people to take a stand against homosexuality?

I was asked(on another forum) what version of the bible I use. I stated the KJV. That it was the "only" one I use. Well.....this just escalated into a fairly big discussion. From how the KJV has errors,to that King James was bi-sexual. It even went to where I was sinner for promoting the KJV because they said it has errors.
One person said that I was mean hearted and not open minded for my stance against the sin of homosexuallity. Don't worry....I have a fairly thick hide.
I guess I am wondering what it would take for us to cave into the world's ideas of right?
I pray that I will always take a stand for God and the things of God. I pray that I will always call sin,sin. Even when the "world" is contrary to me.
I do not want to let God down.
I also pray that when dealing with such issues......that I do it in the will of God.

Tony

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Hello all.
I was wondering.
How far will you go to take a stand for what is right,or against,what is not right?

If someone doesn't want to be my friend because I believe the KJV is God's word, then that's their problem. I have friends who aren't KJVO, and I can get along with them. They know I disagree with them on that subject, but we can still be friends.

Would you be willing to be ridiculed by saved and lost people to take a stand against homosexuality?

Sure. What the Bible says is true, and God hates homosexuality. Why should we back down and put up with it?

I was asked(on another forum) what version of the bible I use. I stated the KJV. That it was the "only" one I use. Well.....this just escalated into a fairly big discussion. From how the KJV has errors,to that King James was bi-sexual. It even went to where I was sinner for promoting the KJV because they said it has errors.
One person said that I was mean hearted and not open minded for my stance against the sin of homosexuallity. Don't worry....I have a fairly thick hide.
I guess I am wondering what it would take for us to cave into the world's ideas of right?
I pray that I will always take a stand for God and the things of God. I pray that I will always call sin,sin. Even when the "world" is contrary to me.
I do not want to let God down.
I also pray that when dealing with such issues......that I do it in the will of God.

Tony

Many Christians have already caved in. I'm glad you're standing up for the truth. Unfortunately, you're probably not going to get anywhere with talking to people on that kind of forum. It's easier to witness to people in real life than on the internet. (I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just a lot harder)

Guest Guest

Thank you KJB_ Princess for the kind words. I love standing up for my Lord and Savior. Even though sometimes I do get carried away. I am still learning control. I get so mad at this world and it's thinking. But I have to remember that Christ came to die for them too.

I pray that you have a wonderful week.

Tony

• Members

You will be blessed for standing up for what is right, even if it costs you many friends. You will not be blessed if you compromise the truth and your Bible-based standards to keep those friends.

Psalms 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Guest Guest
You will be blessed for standing up for what is right, even if it costs you many friends. You will not be blessed if you compromise the truth and your Bible-based standards to keep those friends.

Psalms 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Thank you Jerry. Just help me pray that I will stand up for Christ in a way that is pleasing to him.

• Members

It is always right to stand up against error, no matter how small it is.

Of course that does not set well with those who teach acceptance.

I will stand up for anything I know to be right, and will stand against anything I know to be wrong.

Those who say it makes no difference, either they don't know better, or maybe they're to lazy to study to where they will know better. And of course most acceptance churches are in it for the numbers and the money. But what is many members and much money worth when your on the wrong side of God?

KJ 1611
Jam 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to doe good, and doth it not, to him it is sinne.

And after all our Bible tells us this.

KJ 1611
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God, & is profitable for doctrine, for reproofe, for correction, for instrution in righteousnesse,

So if we can back it up, we need to take that stand, no matter how unpouplar it may be.

I might add, I agree with what KJB_Princess.

Many Christians have already caved in. I'm glad you're standing up for the truth. Unfortunately, you're probably not going to get anywhere with talking to people on that kind of forum. It's easier to witness to people in real life than on the internet. (I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just a lot harder)

I might add, KJB_Princess and I do disagree on some issues, very much, but I hope we can call each other friends being as we have been on this message board together for quite some time together.

• Members
How far will you go to take a stand for what is right' date='or against,what is not right?[/quote']

It depends on what the issue is, and what the circumstances are. There are some hills that I would not die on, but there are others I would. I would not cave in to opposition in any case, but I hope I'd be able to argue graciously and logically, not making enemies as I go. In short, as others have said, if there are bad feelings, I would hope not to be the one to generate them.

I am not KJVO...so, I guess this question doesn't apply to me. I personally do not have much respect for people who make this a huge issue.

Sure I would, because the Bible clearly and specifically condemns it. I would still make sure that my tone was such that I'm not making enemies unnecessarily.

Good question for all of us to ponder. I would hope and pray that I would not personally cave in to the world's ideas. Rom. 12:1,2 and I John 2:15-17 make it clear that we are not of this world, and should not think like the world. I guess it all comes down to who we love most: God or ourselves.

These are good thoughts.

• Members

Did you notice this posted on every page of this site?

Online Baptist A KJV Site!

A site for Independent, Fundamental Baptist believers to fellowship and uplift our Lord.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did you come here to tell us how wrong we are?

The reason I ask is because of what you just posted.

"Annie wrote"
I am not KJVO...so, I guess this question doesn't apply to me. I personally do not have much respect for people who make this a huge issue.

For you just made it plain that you have no respect for this site, the people who run it, the people who post on it that agrees with this, "A KJV Site! A site for Independent, Fundamental Baptist believers to fellowship and uplift our Lord."

• Members
I am not KJVO...so' date=' I guess this question doesn't apply to me. I personally do not have much respect for people who make this a huge issue.[/quote']

I do not have much respect for people that pretend that this is a non-issue and then proceed to bash those that believe that the King James Bible is the perfect word of God for the English speaking people.

• Members
Hope you don't mind me asking' date=' but did you come here to tell us how wrong we are? The reason I ask is because of what you just posted. For you just made it plain that you have no respect for this site, the people who run it, the people who post on it that agrees with this, "[u']A KJV Site! A site for Independent, Fundamental Baptist believers to fellowship and uplift our Lord."

Jerry#s, I do not know anyone on this site personally. Just to clarify, I don't think that just because a person (or group of people) are KJVO that they are "making a huge issue" of it. My answers (given from a personal perspective) were in response to Tony's questions about what are important issues to "go to battle" about...IOW, to lose friends over, etc. My comments are not a reflection of anyone I have met on this board. I hope I have not lost any friends here just because I happen to disagree on the text issue. I certainly consider everyone on here to be a friend (as much of a "friend" as one can have without knowing them personally, that is :wink ).

Guest Guest

Thank you all for the posts and support. It really does give me a spiritual boost. I believe we all need encouragement in todays world. Thank God there are some to still believe in standing up for Christ.

Tony

• Members
Thank you all for the posts and support. It really does give me a spiritual boost. I believe we all need encouragement in todays world. Thank God there are some to still believe in standing up for Christ.

Tony

Your right, we need encouragement when we are taking the proper stand and walking the right path.

Many come here walking the wrong path with the wrong teachings and them want us to encourage them and or accept their teachings. Them when we want encourage or accept their teachings they get mad and tell us we are slandering them when we try to point them in the right direction.

Of course we ought to know well that there be many who are not walking hand in hand with Jesus.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate, for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which goe in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth vnto life, and few there be that finde it.

Yes, the Bible is clear, few there be who are walking the right path and that enter into the narrow gate. Most of them will not listen truth.

Pro 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right vnto a man; but the end thereof are the wayes of death.

• Members

[quote="tonyinsc"]
[/quote]
been there, done that... :amen:

[quote="tonyinsc"]
Would you be willing to be ridiculed by saved and lost people to take a stand against homosexuality
[/quote]
been there, done that too. lol

Guest Guest

tonyinsc, that is a tough question. I only compromise when I'm with my friends cause I know they will see me as awkward. Sometimes when I try to witness to them, they change the conversation or turn into something different. I admire your courage for standing strong in what you believe, but I couldn't do it with my friends because they might decide to stop talking to me or they won't invite me out anymore. The situation is way easier if you've got Christian friends because then you wouldn't care so much if the wordly friends would want to distance themselves from you.