• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Guest Guest

With so many rising cults in the world today...over 3,000 and growing, I suppose that is why people give generously to my IFB church. If one person is unable to give, then...another will "pick up the slack". My hubby and I give for that reason..."You can't out give God". :thumb My hubby and I struggle financially...but, hey...who doesn't in this world, IMO? People that have to brag about how much they have in the "material" sense of the word...IMO, usually don't have that much. I am blessed with the knowledge of knowing Jesus Christ as my Personal Saviour. God will take care of all of the details in the process. :thumb

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

SFIC,
This is where I stand....

#1. At this point, I believe tithing, in the Old Testament, was to be on ALL of the increase, whether it be goats, crops, or sums of money. But I could be wrong.

#2. I am unsure as to whether "tithing" is a NT LAW for Christians. It is really unclear.

#3. I strongly disagree with pastors who tell their congregations that "God will get His money" via the mechanic or doctor bill etc. Why?? because things just happen..
a. Because of the "rain" verse.
b. Because of what happened to Job.
c. No one has the right to judge...."well God sure got them for not tithing"...UhhhhMMMMM Guess what?? They WERE tithing.

#4. Christians aught to be ashamed for being selfish and not giving, but shouldn't be put under the bondage of fear.

#5 A pastor....of any Bible believing church should have ALL of his needs met by the SAVED people in that church, so that he can minister in the Word of God without distraction.

#6. If his congegation is large enough and able to support him, he should NOT have to work a secular job.

#7. I believe that giving 10% is a good place to START giving.

#8 The Bible promises, "Give and it shall be given unto you" And you cannot outgive God.

• Members
SFIC,
This is where I stand....

You are wrong. Read Numbers 18.

It is not unclear. There is not one verse in the New Testament that commands tithing.

Preachers who teach that God wants you to tithe 10% of your money have gone from feeding the flock to fleecing the flock. Money was never tithes. If they were giving 10% of their money, they were giving an offering of 10%... not tithes.

The Bible does say that. But if you don't have to give, you can't give.

• Members

Thanks for the testimony heart, even if SFIC dismissed it as a fluke, I for one am glad that people would desire to glorify the Lord for his goodness.

Shame on you SFIC for minimizing that testimony to God's goodness.

You should've just said, Amen.

God bless,

Calvary

• Members
Thanks for the testimony heart, even if SFIC dismissed it as a fluke, I for one am glad that people would desire to glorify the Lord for his goodness.

Shame on you SFIC for minimizing that testimony to God's goodness.

You should've just said, Amen.

God bless,

Calvary

I did not minimize it at all. I told Heartstrings that God blessed him because of His goodness. That is not minimizing it at all.

To say God blesses someone because they tithe is nonsense. Before I saw the truth in the Word of God concerning tithing, I gave 10% of my disability check and still struggled from month to month.

When God began revealing to me what the tithe was, I began to see it is wrong to call money a tithe. I stopped tithing money. I began to give what God allowed me to give above my monthly bills, and He has blessed me for many years.

Some months I was able to give above 10%, other months I was able to give barely 3%... but God still blessed me.

The monetary amount one gives to one's Church affiliation does not determine the blessings God bestows.