• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bristol Revival by CT Townsend

• Members

Straight up???? No.

Because I can't afford the airfares!!!! :laugh:

Seriously though,

I have no problem with getting together with likeminded churches to hold preaching meetings.

I have a couple of issue with this in particular, some important, some not so much. (I have listened to one of the meetings following on from your link)

In no particular order:

• I dislike the naming of such meetings as "revival meetings". How can we presume to proclaim a revival WILL happen at any particular set of meetings. Pray for it, tell people you are hoping for it, plan for the results even, but to name it as such doesn't sit well with me. (But who really cares what it is named??)
  • I greatly dislike the fact that the only identifier is the name of the preacher. Even if you do a search of it, it is difficult to find out the names of the churches involved ( I have a guess at the main church involved, but no actual list of churches), but CT Townsend's name is everywhere.
  • I greatly dislike that there is no sponsoring church, and in fact no easily identifiable church at all. I am of the opinion that God works through churches, and therefore every "ministry" should be under the authority of a local church.
  • I have a personal problem with asking an offering at such meetings. If assistance is offered from visiting churches then fine, but when we have held large meetings and invited others, we consider it to be a ministry of this church to the others, and therefore we do not take an offering. In the past the recordings of such meeting I have been to have been charged for - a "nominal amount to cover costs" usually. I find this offensive in the extreme, and reminds me of those who made merchandise of the gospel.

The point of no identifiable church is a real problem for me, for how do we know the basic stand and position of the meetings if we can not identify the sponsoring church?

It is like an author not giving his affiliation in the fold of the book - I have books by authors of other affiliation to IB but they have good information. I know the affiliation of the author and so I can understand the "angle" of certain statements.

When you read the Bible, the indications are that every ministry was by one sent out under the authority of a particular church. In any case the matter of people following men (I am of Apollos, I am of Paul etc) is not looked on with commendation in the Bible, and I don't think ANY ministry should be built around any man other than Christ.

Would all of this stop me from going if they were local to me? Assuming the churches involved are all Independent Baptist Churches, I would probably attend. And I would be unlikely to mention any of these matters to the Pastors involved. They can and should run their ministries according to the leading of the Lord, not the leading of Dave the Dumb Bloke. Let the Lord teach them on these matters as He will. I might discuss it over a coffee some time later, if the subject came up.

Oh yeah, and I have a general dislike for "loud America" preaching. I find it hard to follow when they get loud. I have to confess that I am not really sure what the basis of his message was - I will have to listen again. But I am not used to it.

No problem AT ALL with loud AND good Bible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is the 'Statement of Faith' that I found by brother Townsend and some related e-mail addresses.

Ministry Statement Of Faith & Mission

Redeeming Blood Ministries·Friday, February 2, 2018

Our Calling Is The Share The Gospel Of Jesus Christ To The World

We Use The King James Version Bible Only In This Ministry What We Believe And Why We Believe God’s Word!

We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the inspired Word of God. The scriptures are inerrant, infallible, the final authority for faith and life. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21) The Godhead

We believe in “on” a Triune God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory and having the same attributes and perfection. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; John 14:10,26)

We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through his death on the cross as a representative vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by his literal, physical resurrection from the dead. (Acts 2:18-36; Romans 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:17; I Peter 1:3-5)

We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where as our High Priest, he fulfills the ministry of representative, intercessor, and advocate. (Acts 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1-2)

Salvation We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. (John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-10; I Peter 1:18-19) The Eternal Security and Assurance of Believers

We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever. (John 6:37-40; 10:27-30; Romans 8:1, 38-39; I Corinthians 1:4-8; I Peter 1:4-5)

We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word, which however clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh (Romans 13:13-14; Galatians 5:13; Titus 2:11-15) The Second Advent of Christ

We believe in that “Blessed Hope” the personal, imminent return of Christ who will rapture His Church prior to the seven-year tribulation period. At the end of the Tribulation, Christ will personally and visibly return with His saints, to establish his earthly Kingdom which was promised to the nation of Israel. (Psalm 89:3-4; Daniel 2:31-45; Zechariah 14:4-11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; Revelation 3:10, 19:11-16, 20:1-6) Creation

We believe that God created the universe in six literal 24 hour periods. We reject evolution, the Gap Theory, the Day-Age Theory, and Theistic Evolution as unscriptural theories of origin. (Genesis 1:2; Exodus 20:11)

Our Mission (To See Souls Saved) we believe that God has given the Church and Ministries a great commission to preach and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethnic group, and language group who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9-13 Kjv

(How To Be Saved) See Also John 3:14-17 Kjv 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. We believe as ambassadors of Christ we must use all available means (“Online Ministry”, Radio Broadcasts, Podcast, Facebook Live,) to go to the foreign nations sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ,

Luke 14:23 And the Lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

(Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; II Corinthians 5:20)

Redeeming Blood Ministries Email Addresses

Main Email Address redeemingbloodministries@gmail.com

Kevin Thompson Sr / Founder/President kevin_thompsonsr@yahoo.com

Kenny Bullins / Operations Director kennybull74@gmail.com

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, SureWord said:

Never heard of him.

He is popular down south. He was an evangelist, but is not Pastoring a church. I don't know much about him other than what I've hear in the news in the past from the Bristol Revival. His website says they use the KJV, but was curious if anyone here has a connection with him.

• Members

OK

1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

He is popular down south. He was an evangelist, but is not Pastoring a church. I don't know much about him other than what I've hear in the news in the past from the Bristol Revival. His website says they use the KJV, but was curious if anyone here has a connection with him.

OK, I found his church website. He's pastoring a Baptist church in North Augusta, SC.

I haven't watched any of his videos on YouTube maybe I'll check him out.

• Members

I've heard of him, but have no connection to him. Someone gave me some notes on his preaching, but I don't have them readily available or I could give you more information. I know someone gave me a link a while back on his YouTube videos. SureWord, I see, has also mentioned YouTube.